Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Is there any exchange programme between Oxford and other top universities outside the UK?

I am asking it because in my country top universities often boast about their exchange programmes with other universities in Europe and North America - but never Oxbridge - in order to attract more outstanding students. I cannot find anything about exchange programmes in the prospectus either.

ReputationRep:
    The Rhodes Scholarships bring other people to Oxford...don't know about the other way round. I heard that Oxford set up some kind of tie with Princeton to mirror the Cambridge-MIT linkup, but I haven't heard of specific undergraduate exchanges. There might be a few links with European universities (like for Law or modern languages).

ReputationRep:
    From the Pembroke website:

"Pembroke operates a vibrant, full-year Visiting Student programme with select US universities, of which we are justifiably proud. All Visiting Students studying at Pembroke for their Junior Year Abroad enjoy the full "Oxford" experience.

We are also proud that our Visiting Student programme, which means that we admit approximately 40 JYA students each year, extend our long-standing links with the US.

James Smithson, the founder of the Smithsonian Institution, was an undergraduate at Pembroke, while other distinguished US Pembrokians include two former Chairs of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee (Senator Richard Lugar and the late William Fulbright), and the Hon. Philip Lader, the Ambassador to the U.K.

US Universities in Partnership with Pembroke:

Brown University
    Bryn Mawr College
    Boston College (law only)
    Columbia University
    Cornell University
    Duke University
    George Washington University
    Georgetown University
    Hamilton College
    Haverford College
    Illinois Wesleyan University
    Tufts University
    University of Pennsylvania

ReputationRep:
    I am pretty sure that as well as the usual Erasmus/Socrates, Oxford runs an exchange with some Unis in Japan and North America, though this is for the E&M course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squishy)
    The Rhodes Scholarships bring other people to Oxford...don't know about the other way round. I heard that Oxford set up some kind of tie with Princeton to mirror the Cambridge-MIT linkup, but I haven't heard of specific undergraduate exchanges. There might be a few links with European universities (like for Law or modern languages).
    I thought it was Harvard. :confused: And yeah, they have links with European Universities if you're doing law or modern languages...I myself will be spending a year at the University of Leiden in the Netherlands to study European Law.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I was thinking of. Maybe Oxford has a link with Harvard as well.
    Aah thank you.

ReputationRep:
    This is what I was thinking of. Maybe Oxford has a link with Harvard as well.

There is a scholarship to Harvard that is offered to Oxford students each year, its fiercely competitive I believe. But that is the only information I can remember! not much help I know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Dishwasher)
    I am pretty sure that as well as the usual Erasmus/Socrates, Oxford runs an exchange with some Unis in Japan and North America, though this is for the E&M course.
    Which US unis? I haven't heard of that but will be taking E&M

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.