Personal Statements 2017 - Do's and Don’ts

Watch this thread
username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
What do you do and do not do?

Muhammad Ali is my friend.
username2400323
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
First question: should the last line of my starting post be included in my personal statement? I mean, to begin my statement with. What admissions tutor wouldn't read and go crazy after that?!
BTAnonymous
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
I'm applying for 2018 entry.

Could use some tips from this thread!

However, the way I am going to approach my personal statement is by demonstrating a strong enthusiasm and knowledge of the course.

I am applying for EE Engineering which is difficult to write about because I haven't studied either engineering or electronics before! So I need to demonstrate to them that I am informed about the degree and that I show the enthusiasm for it using non academic examples.

I also guess you shouldn't ramble on so much. Get straight to the point and no essays.
Good bloke
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dragon5555)
should the last line of my starting post be included in my personal statement?
That depends on whether you wish to convey the impression that you are deranged, incapable of discerning what is relevant and a positive contribution to your application, doesn't it?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Dragon5555)
What do you do and do not do?.
There's tonnes of articles and advice on TSR
Advice: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...nt-in-10-steps
A tool to help you draft and redraft: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wik...statement_help
A library of PSs to compare to: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...nts-by-subject
and an entire forum for Personal Statement Advice (including stickies with more advice and information on how to get your PS reviewed.

I'm not sure why you've titled this thread 2017 - the advice for PSs doesn't vary between years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (221)
42.18%
The paper was reasonable (225)
42.94%
Not feeling great about that exam... (48)
9.16%
It was TERRIBLE (30)
5.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed