Evidence of parent separation

Watch this thread
jroy14
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I have applied for student finance for this coming academic year (I am returning to uni as a mature student). My parent, who remarried a years ago, is now separated from her partner and they have not lived together for one & half years. SF have asked her to provide evidence of this.

She doesn't have a decree nisi or solicitors letter so our other option is a council tax bill.

I am nearly 23 and live with my mam at home. This means the council tax bill doesn't show a 25% discount for single occupancy which is what SF are asking for.

How do I get around this?

Thanks
Miriam SFE
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hi jroy14

If your sponsor cannot provide the standard marital evidence status evidence such as decree nisei / solicitors letter or even a council tax bill
showing the 25% single persons discount. She can sent a rental agreement or mortgage schedule which must be under her sole name,
along with that she will need to send utility bills such as water,gas or electricity again which must be under her sole name and it must be accompanied by
a covering letter explaining the reason why she doesn't have any of the standard evidence.

Thanks
jroy14
Badges: 0
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
(Original post by Miriam SFE)
Hi jroy14

If your sponsor cannot provide the standard marital evidence status evidence such as decree nisei / solicitors letter or even a council tax bill
showing the 25% single persons discount. She can sent a rental agreement or mortgage schedule which must be under her sole name,
along with that she will need to send utility bills such as water,gas or electricity again which must be under her sole name and it must be accompanied by
a covering letter explaining the reason why she doesn't have any of the standard evidence.

Thanks
Thank you for your help!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (155)
41.67%
Not yet, but I will soon (69)
18.55%
No (148)
39.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed