Year 9-Year 10 (2017-2019) Watch

recklessabandon
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hey so i am Callum, i am not sure if there is already a forum for this but i was just gonna ask for some advice for GCSES/Tips, i was also wondering if anyone knows any of the topic lists for any of these.

I am going to be doing,
-English Literature-AQA
-English Language-AQA
-Maths-Edexcel
-(Triple science)-Edexcel
-Philosphy and Belief
-Drama
-Geography(Edexcel B)
-History(Edexcel)
-French(AQA)
Doctor1234
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
For English Language and Literature: Watch Mr Bruff (It's a YouTube channel). He tells you how to answer each question for Language and goes over every text for English Literature, chapter by chapter, and in depth analysis. He also shares example answers from students and tells you what was good in the answer and what needs improvement. He also goes over both clusters of poems.

For maths, go on http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/ or mathswatch. You can use mathswatch if your school has paid for your subscription. Mathswatch is better for videos but Mathsgenie has questions.
recklessabandon
Rep:
?
(Original post by Doctor1234)
For English Language and Literature: Watch Mr Bruff (It's a YouTube channel). He tells you how to answer each question for Language and goes over every text for English Literature, chapter by chapter, and in depth analysis. He also shares example answers from students and tells you what was good in the answer and what needs improvement. He also goes over both clusters of poems.

For maths, go on http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/ or mathswatch. You can use mathswatch if your school has paid for your subscription. Mathswatch is better for videos but Mathsgenie has questions.
thank you, my school has my maths but i will check it out
itslibby
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by recklessabandon)
Hey so i am Callum, i am not sure if there is already a forum for this but i was just gonna ask for some advice for GCSES/Tips, i was also wondering if anyone knows any of the topic lists for any of these.

I am going to be doing,
-English Literature-AQA
-English Language-AQA
-Maths-Edexcel
-(Triple science)-Edexcel
-Philosphy and Belief
-Drama
-Geography(Edexcel B)
-History(Edexcel)
-French(AQA)
If you search up the subject and the exam board then you should be able to find the specifications, which will tell you the topics (apart from for English literature in which your school will decide which books/poems/plays you are studying, out of options given by AQA).

My main tip is to make revision material from the start of year 10; revision notes, essay plans, flashcards etc. because it will save you so much time in year 11, giving you more time to do revision. Good luck!
recklessabandon
Rep:
?
(Original post by itslibby)
If you search up the subject and the exam board then you should be able to find the specifications, which will tell you the topics (apart from for English literature in which your school will decide which books/poems/plays you are studying, out of options given by AQA).

My main tip is to make revision material from the start of year 10; revision notes, essay plans, flashcards etc. because it will save you so much time in year 11, giving you more time to do revision. Good luck!
Thank you i will
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Mar '19
  • Birmingham City University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19
  • University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (106)
17.21%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (65)
10.55%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (108)
17.53%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (92)
14.94%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (62)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (183)
29.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed