AQA A2 Sociology Paper 2 Beliefs 2017 Watch

exams 17
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi, for the 20 marker on Beliefs- I talked about the influence of science- improvements in medicine in eradicating diseases and transforming how we live, learn and communicate. I then talked about how science can have more of an influence than religion- I addressed secularisation, technological worldview (Bruce), rationalisation (Weber), religious diversity (Berger)but I also addressed how religion is still influential in how lives today- religion is not declining it is simply changing its form as it is no longer inherited or imposed. I addressed- believing without belonging(Davie), spiritual health service/vicarious religion, postmodern religion (Lyon),religious market theory(Stark and Bainbridge) then I talked about how science is an open belief system according to Popper as it is open to scrutiny, criticism and testing by others while religion is closed. In conclusion I addressed how both science and religion are important in our lives today. Is that okay??
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of the Arts London
    MA Innovation Management Open Day Postgraduate
    Mon, 18 Feb '19
  • University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (35)
11.15%
I used to but I don't now (11)
3.5%
No, but I want to start (113)
35.99%
No, I am unable to (69)
21.97%
No, I chose not to (86)
27.39%