The Student Room Group

Experience in industry/research labs

I was wondering if anybody could recommend places they've been to for work experience in the scientific sector of vet med (it's now one of the requirements for RVC). I tried a Prion Unit lab in London but they said no because of security. There is a vet lab in Vauxhall that has said yes though :smile: What did you do on your lab placement, was it with a university or Defra? I am going to apply for a summer job with GlaxoSmithKline when the applications are out, and contact as many labs and research departments as I can to see if I can do a few days with them.
Reply 1
whats the name of the one in vauxhall?
the defra ones are the vla and theres one in weybridge thats the big one, and i know you can alteast do day visits there cos you do it as biology coursework for me college :smile:. Thats all i know
Reply 2
There's an Axiom vet lab in Vauxhall. Im definately going to see about the VLA.
Reply 3
The snake lab sounds really interesting. Exotics was my main reason for applying to Liverpool!

I found lab work the hardest to get, I must have got in contact with about 30/40 people before I was offered a placement on beef cattle temperment research.

Latest

Trending

Trending