RonaldoTheGreat
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello I’m in sticky situation atm… I have one conditional offer at a uni. The condition being obtaining a MP on my BTEC level 3 Diploma plus gcse maths at grade c. I’ve just received my BTEC grades and I got DD, which is higher than what my teacher predicted at MM. This is the sticky part it is highly unlikely I’ll be getting that C grade in maths, any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Cubone-r
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by RonaldoTheGreat)
Hello I’m in sticky situation atm… I have one conditional offer at a uni. The condition being obtaining a MP on my BTEC level 3 Diploma plus gcse maths at grade c. I’ve just received my BTEC grades and I got DD, which is higher than what my teacher predicted at MM. This is the sticky part it is highly unlikely I’ll be getting that C grade in maths, any advice on what I should do would be greatly appreciated thanks.
Just wait until your results come out, you never know, you might surprise yourself. If you fall below what you need in Maths, you should contact the university to see if they will still offer you a place.
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
A few of my friends are in the same situation. All you can do really is hope you pass and that if you don't, your uni will still take you on since you met the BTEC requirement. Which degree are you planning on doing?
RonaldoTheGreat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Kravence)
A few of my friends are in the same situation. All you can do really is hope you pass and that if you don't, your uni will still take you on since you met the BTEC requirement. Which degree are you planning on doing?

I was originally looking to do a sports science degree but with such low predicted grades everyone rejected me, but one uni offered me a foundation year in business.
RonaldoTheGreat
Rep:
?
(Original post by Cubone-r)
Just wait until your results come out, you never know, you might surprise yourself. If you fall below what you need in Maths, you should contact the university to see if they will still offer you a place.
Yeah I think the best way is to contact the uni, i wanted to see if anyone was in a similar position now or in the past.
Kravence
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I was originally looking to do a sports science degree but with such low predicted grades everyone rejected me, but one uni offered me a foundation year in business.
Hmm, try looking into clearing places if you don't want to change to a different degree. You might still find sports science at a different uni outside your original choices
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (398)
56.29%
I don't have everything I need (309)
43.71%

Watched Threads