Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
    theres nothing wrong with a 17 y/o and a 22 y/o.... if i'd stayed with my ex, it would have been that in the not too distant future...
    Hello there, Mr...

I think the boundary is a more of an ethical boundary, the law is there just to make sure that no one younger than 16 should do it, I say should, because obviously there are cases where they do do it, or it is forced upon them, in which case, the law comes into play.

ReputationRep:
    I decided to make this thread, as when i become old, I really not want to have an old and ugly wife.

ReputationRep:
    I thought you were planning to do it with your pet dog instead?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    I thought you were planning to do it with your pet dog instead?
    i can see the headlines... "the man who prefered his dog to his wife..."

thinking about it, i'm sure i heard somewhere that someone in america split from a marriage due to something like that.... :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Then it will never change.
    Laws do change.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Howard)
    Laws do change.
    I was being a bit cynical. If those who advocate what the law says all of the time, perhaps the law won't be that dynamic as it could be.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I was being a bit cynical. If those who advocate what the law says all of the time, perhaps the law won't be that dynamic as it could be.
    True enough.

ReputationRep:
    As far as I am concerned...

17 year old girl with 23 year old bloke is fine.

Now lets mess around with those numbers until it feels icky.

16 with 24 - fine

15 with 25 - icky.

16 with 25 - fine

16 with 26 - fine

16 with 27 - fine

16 with 28 - slightly icky.

16 with 29 - tolerable.

16 with 30 - very icky.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wise One)
    As far as I am concerned...

17 year old girl with 23 year old bloke is fine.

Now lets mess around with those numbers until it feels icky.
    This is your personal opinion and/or society's morals and ethics.

But the legal boundary is 16, and that means a 16 year old can bed an OAP but not a 15 year old, as this would be statutory rape.

Of course the law can change, and other countries have different ages of consent.

Is the question really, what constitutes paedophilia?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    This is your personal opinion and/or society's morals and ethics.

But the legal boundary is 16, and that means a 16 year old can bed an OAP but not a 15 year old, as this would be statutory rape.

Of course the law can change, and other countries have different ages of consent.

Is the question really, what constitutes paedophilia?
    i think the tread was intended to encompass both the legal and moral sides of the argument....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr_Homosexual)
    i think the tread was intended to encompass both the legal and moral sides of the argument....
    No, it was started by a little troll who when he gets old really does not want to have an old and ugly wife.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    No, it was started by a little troll who when he gets old really does not want to have an old and ugly wife.
    lol. ah, yes.... i remember now... the one who also had the interest in the family dog... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spk)
    I find this a mockery to jurisprudence and citizens' rights.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CKS)
    It is ok for a 40 year old man to be with a 30 year old woman. But is it now ok for a 20 year old man to be in love with a 10 year old. However it is ok for a 20 year old to be with an 18 year old, but then if so, is it OK to be with a 17 year old? If so is it OK to be with a 16 year old? If so is it ok to be with a 15 year old?....etc.

So where is the boundary?
    The boundary lies where it goes from being acceptable to unacceptable to society in general. Obviously a 40 yr old with a 10-12-15-or even 17 yr old is not right and not to mention illegal in most places. however it is ok for a 50 yr old to date say a 30 yr old, even though there is a twenty year gap both partys are mature enough to handle the relationship. same goes for a 30 yr old and a twenty yr old.
    Like others have said, im not sure where you intended to go with this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    Obviously a 40 yr old with a 10-12-15-or even 17 yr old is not right.
    Why? You can get married and have children at that age, albeit with permission for marriage from your parents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infinity)
    The boundary lies where it goes from being acceptable to unacceptable to society in general. Like others have said, im not sure where you intended to go with this.
    i agree.
    a ten year old just cannot go out with a 40 year old. there are variuos factors to consider, for eg, maturity where the ten yr old would still be considered as young. Adolesence, hormones. Be realistic, something like this would rarely happen
    talking about a 40 yr old with someone who is 30 is a different story entirely. Both people would have grown up, are at the age to be working and can look after themselves etc.

Your post doesnt seem to have much logic.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.