The Student Room Group

What does this mean? And can I still get a distinction.

Please check attached. Sorry if I sound stupid. It's the grade boundaries for my masters course. I think I know what they mean, but I just wanted to know what is required of me to get a distinction.

I'm currently at 67.428% with 105 credits completed of my 180 credits degree, and doing my dissertation currently which is worth 75 credits.

Here are my results currently at 67.42%:

62 mark (15 credits)
62 mark (15 credits)
62 mark (15 credits)
70 mark (15 credits)
80 mark (15 credits)
68 mark (30 credits)
?? mark (75 credits) - Dissertation

If I get 70 for my dissertation, do I still stand a chance of being awarded a distinction overall? If I do get 70, then I will be on 68.5% overall and still within the boundary...
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by bobking
Please check attached. Sorry if I sound stupid. It's the grade boundaries for my masters course. I think I know what they mean, but I just wanted to know what is required of me to get a distinction.

I'm currently at 67.428% with 105 credits completed of my 180 credits degree, and doing my dissertation currently which is worth 75 credits.

Here are my results currently at 67.42%:

62 mark (15 credits)
62 mark (15 credits)
62 mark (15 credits)
70 mark (15 credits)
80 mark (15 credits)
68 mark (30 credits)
?? mark (75 credits) - Dissertation

If I get 70 for my dissertation, do I still stand a chance of being awarded a distinction overall? If I do get 70, then I will be on 68.5% overall and still within the boundary...

Ignore what I previously wrote - I couldn't see the attachment and didn't realise what it was.

To me, it looks as though you could well get a Distinction by discretion - assuming your figures are correct.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest