Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone here been attacked in London? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone here been attacked in London or seen an attack? When you see all the acid attacks and knife crime etc it seems like an increasingly dangerous city. So my question is has anyone seen an attack or know someone who has been attacked there thanks

ReputationRep:
    no sorry... what is worrying that it is on the rise

ReputationRep:
    You know whats even more scary? Search up your area or a local area and I bet you'll find something about acid attacks too. It's way more common than what the news are reporting... its as bad as knifecrime but BBC wont cover the minor attacks

ReputationRep:
    I've seen couple, nothing as serious as a stabbing though

ReputationRep:
    A guy opens his door, gets stabbed and you think this could happen to me? No, I am the one who knocks!

thankfully not. its scary how readily available acid is.
    dont go outside. i'd rather stay indoors and watch anime tbh.

ReputationRep:
    London seems like a complete hellhole at the moment.

ReputationRep:
    There was actually a stabbing a couple minutes away from my home a couple months ago. I don't really know what happened but it was fodder for conversation at school for a solid week.

EDIT: found the report again and it appears it was a brawl between teenagers. The kid got treated and he's fine. But now that I've looked it up, it looks like there was another more recent one, a little further from me this time but still around here.

East London probably isn't the best place to judge the rest of London on, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by karl pilkington)
    Has anyone here been attacked in London or seen an attack? When you see all the acid attacks and knife crime etc it seems like an increasingly dangerous city. So my question is has anyone seen an attack or know someone who has been attacked there thanks
    No. I kno it's scary and thankfully I live in the north and there isn't as much althougba few stabbings.... no acid though.

ReputationRep:
    Acid attacks have been happening here since the Victorian times. This is nothing new, it's unfortunately made a comeback.The news is fantastic but there are about 8.7 million people living in London including myself. So the odds of us all seeing a knife crime or acid attack in our lives will be low. The news constantly portrays something to you so you assume that London is now more dangerous but this is not necessarily the case. I have not seen an acid attack or a knife attack in my life to date.

ReputationRep:
    yeah saw an attack once, I was standing so close as well. older man was arguing with a woman, then she insulted his mother and he attacked her with his umbrella before swinging her around by her hair. all happened so fast, people had no choice but to stand around and watch out of shock. then eventually everyone started screaming at him, telling him to stop before someone finally dragged the man away. Pretty intense stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladymusiclover)
    Acid attacks have been happening here since the Victorian times. This is nothing new, it's unfortunately made a comeback.The news is fantastic but there are about 8.7 million people living in London including myself. So the odds of us all seeing a knife crime or acid attack in our lives will be low. The news constantly portrays something to you so you assume that London is now more dangerous but this is not necessarily the case. I have not seen an acid attack or a knife attack in my life to date.
    This is so so true.

Op, no. Nothing has happened to me at all. Most acid attacks and stabbings have been between gangs so nothing to worry about much
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Never been attacked.

ReputationRep:
    no

Spoiler:
    Show

i do the attacking

ReputationRep:
    Just was thinking about the whole Katie Piper thing and it started to get to me how horrendous and evil some people are especially in London

ReputationRep:
    Just avoid some parts of South London and East London.
    Have I seen attacks? Of course, I have seen stabbings, fights, knife fights and attacks.

ReputationRep:
    I've seen what looked like turf-related violence between gangs after coming out of a nightclub around Aldgate in early January a few years ago. A bus shelter was shattered to bits and some guys had their heads kicked in, but nobody outside of the incident was involved in any crossfire. I've never felt unsafe in central London and I usually stay in hotels around Old Street and Angel.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in Glasgow. Given how small it is compared to London I am more concerned about it's crime stats.

ReputationRep:
    Random acid attacks are a matter of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, but attacks like stabbings and other violence can usually be avoided by keeping your head down and just being street smart. I know of someone who was randomly picked outside a bar who had the back of their head punched in, but again it's just the wrong place at the wrong time.

When I walk around my beautiful city I never ever feel scared about what could happen in the next 10 mins. Just keep to the right, don't get involved, and jfc don't walk slow on pavements, n youre good to go pal x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MajorFader)
    Just avoid some parts of South London and East London.
    Have I seen attacks? Of course, I have seen stabbings, fights, knife fights and attacks.
    What did you actually see? How did you react and did anyone die? Also not to be racist but were they mostly black guys in gangs

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.