Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

B1236 - No Taxation Without Representation Bill 2017 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    If I recall well, school children under 18 would not be given cards. They are only issued in colleges.
    Fairly sure I had one, had to use it to pay for school dinners, alternatively a bus pass could have a photo on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Fairly sure I had one, had to use it to pay for school dinners, alternatively a bus pass could have a photo on it.
    Ah well I lived in a village and walked to school, but the buss pas is something I did not consider.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I would be for this but the obvious tax avoidance that could take place as someone mentioned above probably means it's not viable.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Tbh I would be for this but the obvious tax avoidance that could take place as someone mentioned above probably means it's not viable.
    I really should start counting people who have openly admitted to not reading what was placed in front of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    I really should start counting people who have openly admitted to not reading what was placed in front of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Maybe you just shouldn't have written such a stupid bill?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saunders16)
    Maybe you just shouldn't have written such a stupid bill?
    How am I supposed to demonstrate the stupidity of the argument without writing a bill which everyone who hasn't read it rejects?

I guess I can count you on the "at best half read" list

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Send your kid shopping and get 20% off!

To be honest this idea has actually crossed my mind before with paying taxes and getting representation
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zayn008)

To be honest this idea has actually crossed my mind before with paying taxes and getting representation
    VAT isn't 25%

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    VAT isn't 25%

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I said 20

ReputationRep:
    I said 20
    the thing is that VAT means that prices are 120% of what they would be otherwise. JD's making a pedantic remark about how 0.2/1.2 != 0.2

ReputationRep:
    gn

Wait I just realised, I can save on my food shopping by stooging the task to any child I may have.....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitanCream)
    gn

Wait I just realised, I can save on my food shopping by stooging the task to any child I may have.....
    Just run off from them when you get to the checkout, say you’ll buy them a toy or sweet, who wouldn’t? 20% is a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Just run off from them when you get to the checkout, say you’ll buy them a toy or sweet, who wouldn’t? 20% is a lot.

Or buy the latest LEGO Thor sets for the kid, but keep it for myself
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Order! This bill is in cessation.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Order! This bill is in cessation.
    Should the thread therefore be closed.:erm:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.