Gayle Newland set up a fake online profile pretending to be a man in order to have sex with her female friend. Whenever they met, Newland would insist her friend wear a blindfold, and when they had sex she'd use the prosthetic penis (I know these objects by another name but I'll go with the BBC).
Clearly what Newland did was wrong (or perhaps you feel it was all consensual?), but it does raise some interesting questions. Part of her defence was denying she was "concealing her gender". So, what do you think of the following non-malicious (but selfish and harmful anyway) scenarios (assuming they all knew the victim was heterosexual):
1) A man who thought he was ugly or for some reason didn't want to be visibly identifiable so made the fake profile with someone else's pics but used his real penis
2) An impotent man did the same and used a prosthetic penis
3) A gay man (in denial, or experimenting) instead of impotent
4) F2M transexual (and does pre-post op matter?)
5) M2F transexual (as above)
6) Lesbian (e.g. Gayle Newland)
What are the downsides?