Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Gonna see my cousins who I haven't seen in 5 years Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ok so tomorrow I'm gonna be seeing my cousins who I haven't seen in about 5 years and tbh now I feel like I don't even know them and quite frankly I couldn't care less if we do see each other or not cause I don't know anything about their lives like quite a few are meeting and I didn't even go to their weddings

Anyone else not close whatsoever with certain family members

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Ok so tomorrow I'm gonna be seeing my cousins who I haven't seen in about 5 years and tbh now I feel like I don't even know them and quite frankly I couldn't care less if we do see each other or not cause I don't know anything about their lives like quite a few are meeting and I didn't even go to their weddings
    I don't like mine either. I just ignore them.

ReputationRep:

That's the story of my life 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Try being south Asian. I have cousins I've never met/only met at weddings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasim_96)
    Try being south Asian. I have cousins I've never met/only met at weddings.
    It's worse when they try to engage in conversation about some random bulls*it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SGHD26716)
    It's worse when they try to engage in conversation about some random bulls*it.
    I just say to them "do I know you? No? Okay bye" and walk off.

ReputationRep:
    I just say to them "do I know you? No? Okay bye" and walk off.
    But they f#ckin recognise you.

TBH I go for the food.

ReputationRep:
    But they f#ckin recognise you.

TBH I go for the food.
    It's worse with the random aunties. Every wedding I go to there's always at least 5 ladies coming up to me and saying "do you remember me? I last met you when you were a 1 year old" like I'm meant to remember everyone.

Isn't that what most people go for? 😂😂
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Hope you make friends with them.

ReputationRep:
    It's worse with the random aunties. Every wedding I go to there's always at least 5 ladies coming up to me and saying "do you remember me? I last met you when you were a 1 year old" like I'm meant to remember everyone.

Isn't that what most people go for? 😂😂
    I had that the other day.

I just say no straight up. Then they start describing how we first met when I was an embryo or something so early in my life I don't know what the f#ck she's on about.

There are some who grab your cheeks, but that happens far less on because I look like a grown man.

Just weird. I hate it.

Good luck with it all
    as for the last line yes, only have two people who i consider proper family. Everyone else is either dead, not my real relative (i.e those fake 'aunts' although don't see those anymore), lives too far away (dont want to see them anyway cos they are horrible people) or i've never met them.
    so yeh such happy families lol

ReputationRep:
    I had that the other day.

I just say no straight up. Then they start describing how we first met when I was an embryo or something so early in my life I don't know what the f#ck she's on about.

There are some who grab your cheeks, but that happens far less on because I look like a grown man.

Just weird. I hate it.
    Yeah get it all the time. The other common one I get nowadays is "so is it your turn to get married now?" I end up doing a U turn and go to the other side of the hall.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah get it all the time. The other common one I get nowadays is "so is it your turn to get married now?" I end up doing a U turn and go to the other side of the hall.
    I'm too young to be asked those sorts of questions but I'm expected to marry at 26-28 when I'm in my "prime".

ReputationRep:
    I'm too young to be asked those sorts of questions but I'm expected to marry at 26-28 when I'm in my "prime".
    Gonna get that arranged marriage in your prime 😂😂

ReputationRep:
    Gonna get that arranged marriage in your prime 😂😂
    My market value will be the highest then.

After 30 your value depreciates by 90% every year

ReputationRep:
    My market value will be the highest then.

After 30 your value depreciates by 90% every year
    Good point. I'd say 26-28 is the best period too.

ReputationRep:
    Good point. I'd say 26-28 is the best period too.
    I presume you're like 21. Why are they so desperate to marry you off? 😂😂😂

ReputationRep:
    I presume you're like 21. Why are they so desperate to marry you off? 😂😂😂
    I turn 21 in a couple of months. I have no idea 😂 I swear they're more excited than I am. I don't even care atm 😂

ReputationRep:
    I turn 21 in a couple of months. I have no idea 😂 I swear they're more excited than I am. I don't even care atm 😂
    If they looking for girls already, they will have to be younger than you. If you're 20, the girls are still teenagers probably.

ReputationRep:
    If they looking for girls already, they will have to be younger than you. If you're 20, the girls are still teenagers probably.
    I've just told them I'll find my own girl. I'm not letting my parents choose for me 😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.