Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Going to festival alone after friend dropped out? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My best friend and I were meant to go to tramlines festival this weekend but she can't get the time off work. She feels terrible about it and like she's let me down and although its a shame I'm not too upset about it.

Here's my issue.

I always only planned on going with a friend(s). Now that I'm solo again I've decided to try and sell my ticket and found a buyer. The only issue is that if I don't go, I'll get my money back but my friend will feel even worse for making me miss out. And if I do go I'm worried I won't really enjoy it on my own.

I don't know anyone else who is attending so can't find alternative people to meet up with. What should I do?

Sell my ticket, not go, get my money back and make my friend feel worse about it?
    or
    Go alone, maybe have a sucky time but at least enjoy the music and make her feel a bit better?

Also if anyone else has been in a similar position I'd love to hear about your experience.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I wouldn't consider going to a festival alone at all, let alone to make someone feel better about cancelling on me after we'd already booked the tickets. I think going to a festival alone would be completely miserable.

It's generous of you to consider going just to make your friend feel better, OP, but you don't need to feel bad about selling your ticket. To actually make her feel better you'd then probably have to lie and claim you had a good time, and keep up that lie forever. I wouldn't want to put myself in that position. And if she suspected that you didn't actually have a good time then she'd even worse. This all sounds like far too much of a headache to me. Just sell your ticket and tell your friend you're not bothered.

ReputationRep:
    i've only ever gone to festivals with my parents, i just tend to go see the bands and stuff on my own, which i've always enjoyed a lot. although i guess it could be worse/more nerve-racking knowing i've got zero backup. anyway the actual set attending i've found super enjoyable on my own, especially the anonymity. it's a judgement call upon what you're comfortable with and your social temperament. either way i hope it goes well.

ReputationRep:
    Going to gigs/concerts is actually the funnest s*it, honestly. Not sure about a festival though.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.