Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Is it bad to be on combined pill and implant long term? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So basically I've been hearing that being on the combined pill and implant is not suitable for long term?

I've had my implant in for 2 years, and unfortunately I'm that part of that percentage of people where they end up being on they're period all the time from it. 2 weeks after I got the implant my clinic prescribed me with the contraceptive pill mercilin to stop the bleeding. I take it everyday for 3 weeks then have my period (break). If i leave it any longer I get cramps and have a painful period. I've been doing this for 2 years and not had any problems.

I collect my 3 months worth of pills when I need them from the clinic and no one has mentioned anything to me? I always mention that I'm on the implant as well when I collect my pills, and would it not be on my records anyway? Should I be concerned, and is there any dangers from this?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't they have warned you if it was dangerous?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Wouldn't they have warned you if it was dangerous?
    That's what I thought, but it's a different nurse each time I go to the clinic and I feel like they don't check the record so properly anyway.

I just got abit nervous seeing all these posts that saying having the pill and implant together for long term isn't good 🤔
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leah_tuson)
    That's what I thought, but it's a different nurse each time I go to the clinic and I feel like they don't check the record so properly anyway.

I just got abit nervous seeing all these posts that saying having the pill and implant together for long term isn't good 🤔
    You should definitely bring it up if you're seriously concerned, but I'm sure there'd be be better precautions in place if it was potentially dangerous.

Define 'isn't good'. You mean fertility, hormones and all that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.