Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anybody else feel unsatisfied with life? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lord Samosa)
    Like you're technically going in the right direction, doing the things you supposedly wanted to do. But still feel like something's missing? Just don't feel happy or even content with life?
    Yeah, for two reasons.

1. I just do irl.

2. Lord Samosa keeps quoting me in every thread I go to and saying "hi" so my life is ruined :emo:

ReputationRep:
    Of course - that's the human condition. Desperately wanting to, trying to, be happy and content with life while simultaneously trying to conceal sadness and weariness. We're critically anhedonic - despite our successes, despite our photos on various social media to showcase those successes, we still go to sleep with a lingering frustration.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CuriousSherlock)
    A bit like something is always missing, even though to others you may seem to have a perfect-life. :closedeyes:

We are specks of dust on a tiny, tiny planet. But I just turned 18, I shouldn't be experiencing existential crises about how meaningless our short life-span is though.

Spoiler:
    Show

I should go to sleep, it is 2:14 am.

This. Prsom

Spoiler:
    Show

I once made the mistake to share how I feel with a friend, The person was like "But your life is perfect. Why do you say that?" And started laughing...We're gonna have to fight these battles alone I guess
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I feel like somehing is missing also. But hey I'm about to go break a bench PR so life ain't so bad. Time to grow goddammit
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Like you're technically going in the right direction, doing the things you supposedly wanted to do. But still feel like something's missing? Just don't feel happy or even content with life?
    well, yeah because i'm broke as **** right now. bored out of my mind in a middle class suburb where the closest thing that isn't a row of houses or cul-de-sacs are fields. don't have any friends in this suburb, the ones I did have in secondary (who still live in a suburb 40 minutes away) are mostly pains in the ass save a few who I still talk to. bulk of my mates i've made from applying/going to uni are in england (i.e. 100s of miles away). can't afford to learn to drive or go on holiday because haven't heard back from any of the jobs in town.

can't wait til uni starts again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    well thats you would feel since you have a samosa nose

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.