Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have offers for an Masters in Public Health at both the University of Nottingham as well as at York. Any advice on which course is better?

Replies appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I'm no expert on the course but I can vouch for the fact that Nottingham is a great city having studied there for three years! Although I know many friends who went to York and loved it. Possibly not the most helpful comment but I don't think you can make a wrong decision with regards to the cities themselves.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MarskiLark)
    I'm no expert on the course but I can vouch for the fact that Nottingham is a great city having studied there for three years! Although I know many friends who went to York and loved it. Possibly not the most helpful comment but I don't think you can make a wrong decision with regards to the cities themselves.
    Thank you, reassuring to know they are both nice Unis!

ReputationRep:
    There both pretty much equal in my eyes - both mid-tier Russell Groups. Not spectacular by any means, but solid enough.

ReputationRep:
    As a Nottingham graduate, I would absolutely vouch for Nottingham. It was an amazing university and a fantastic experience. I cannot say much about the actual course that you have been accepted to, but the School of Medicine at Nottingham is very good, and many of my friends who are medics or on medicine-related courses thoroughly enjoy their courses! But I've also heard York is lovely. I think it can really come down to what sort of university you are after, and the opportunities that are available at each uni-- i.e. how they can help you get ahead. Do some research into people in your desired field with similar degrees, which universities did they go to? Do they have any ties to Nottingham/York? Something like that can be a real leg-up during interviews in the future!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.