The Student Room Group

Relationship

Hey..

Im 18 yo, Male, Finished sixth form.

Thanks for reading. Pretty much all my life i did not have any relationships. The closest i went was in year 10 meeting a girl and she did not look like her pictures so i did not continue talking to her. We exchanged hugs and i ended it there. I seem to be having no luck with girls. Im quite shy but i am the type of boy you would not expect lol. Any advice on how to get a girlfriend? lol. Many thanks :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hey..

Thanks for reading. Pretty much all my life i did not have any relationships. The closest i went was in year 10 meeting a girl and she did not look like her pictures so i did not continue talking to her. We exchanged hugs and i ended it there. I seem to be having no luck with girls. Im quite shy but i am the type of boy you would not expect lol. Any advice on how to get a girlfriend? lol. Many thanks :smile:

Are you going to university? I was the same with absolutely no experience but then in my first year I met my current boyfriend and we've been together for nearly three years. Have some patience and love will find you!
Hey..

Go outside and physically talk to girls, I know being shy makes this hard but remember that if you do talk to them and find your true love, it will be well worth it.

You should wait till university since your relationship will be much more stable as you both study at the same university. Also... don't look for love, let it look for you! You have a better chancing of getting into a relationship whilst you are not looking for one (as weird as it sounds).
Reply 3
Original post by carrotstar
Are you going to university? I was the same with absolutely no experience but then in my first year I met my current boyfriend and we've been together for nearly three years. Have some patience and love will find you!

Its highly unlikely i will go university :frown:
Reply 4
Original post by Steljoy
Go outside and physically talk to girls, I know being shy makes this hard but remember that if you do talk to them and find your true love, it will be well worth it.

You should wait till university since your relationship will be much more stable as you both study at the same university. Also... don't look for love, let it look for you! You have a better chancing of getting into a relationship whilst you are not looking for one (as weird as it sounds).

Tried once to ask for her number :biggrin: I just got avoided haha. Unfortunately, i doubt i will go university :frown:
Tried once to ask for her number :biggrin: I just got avoided haha. Unfortunately, i doubt i will go university :frown:

See, 'Once' is not enough, try it multiple times (On different girls that you like). Once something ticks between you, then you can actually start to love that person.

A big mistake that most people do, is that they get too attached to a girl that might not like them!(Which leads into heart breaks once they find out)

Also it doesn't have to be university, you can find people at your work place, library and etc etc :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest