Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

RISE Sheffield Internship video interview help watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so a few weeks ago I applied for the rise internship scheme and have gotten an email through telling me I passed the first stage and have now moved on to the video interviews section which has to be done by sunday. I was just wondering if anyone had done them before and knew what questions to expect? It said in the e-mail there would only be five prerecorded questions for me to answer focused around:
    - Business Focus
    - Teamwork
    - Drive
    - SME/Role Fit
    But didn't go into any greater detail, I was hoping someone here has done it before an can remember a few of the questions or the way there styled so I can better prepare for it.

Thanks
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by ryan246810)
    Hi, so a few weeks ago I applied for the rise internship scheme and have gotten an email through telling me I passed the first stage and have now moved on to the video interviews section which has to be done by sunday. I was just wondering if anyone had done them before and knew what questions to expect? It said in the e-mail there would only be five prerecorded questions for me to answer focused around:
    - Business Focus
    - Teamwork
    - Drive
    - SME/Role Fit
    But didn't go into any greater detail, I was hoping someone here has done it before an can remember a few of the questions or the way there styled so I can better prepare for it.

Thanks
    I can give a few tips around video interviews, but hopefully someone else will be able to direct you on the rise internship front

- Make sure you look at the camera whilst you're talking, not yourself, as it will give a better impression of eye contact.
    - Usually you'll get around 30 seconds to prepare your answer, try and use at least some of the time to think of a few key points.
    - If they give you the chance to answer a practice question, have a few tried at it if you're nervous, and familiarise yourself with the process. Watch the practise back too, and see if there's anything standout to improve on.

As a general point, try and find somewhere well lit to do the interview, and dress smartly! Best of luck

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.