Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I received £36 in my account this morning and I checked recent payments and transactions and it says the payment came from SLC Disbursements. I looked on Google and it says SLC is the students loan company. I'm not due to receive any money from student finance such as my loans and grants until October when I return to university for my 3rd year. Anybody know how or why I've received this money?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kashann)
    I received £36 in my account this morning and I checked recent payments and transactions and it says the payment came from SLC Disbursements. I looked on Google and it says SLC is the students loan company. I'm not due to receive any money from student finance such as my loans and grants until October when I return to university for my 3rd year. Anybody know how or why I've received this money?
    Log into your student finance account and see if they've written to you recently

ReputationRep:
    Hi, have you found out what this is for yet? I'm also going into 3rd year and just received a SLC Disbursement and I have no idea why!
    • Community Assistant

Hi

It usually means you have been re-assessed and you are owed some money so it is a backdated payment.

If you give student finance england a call then an advisor will be able to look into your account and tell you why a re-assessment has taken place (if you call today, SFE is open til 4pm)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team
Updated: August 6, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.