Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Lufbra University from someone who has been there watch

ReputationRep:
    Just thought I'd clear up this rubbish about the University where I spent 4 excellent years.

Yes, the town is small, and there are only 2 nightclubs. However, when you are drunk and with your friends, you can have a laugh anywhere. If you want to have a few drinks, the Orange Tree and other bars like Vice Versa, and lloyds which are really good (and cheap!) The union is excellent as well. It's one of the best in the country. Wed and Friday nights are the best, and you can gurantee you will have a laugh
    You can always organise trips to Notts and Leicester if you want as well.

Reputation wise, it's excellent. The business school and the engineering department I think have v.good reputations. Almost all employers will recognise Lufbra grads as good ones.

Anyway, I could go on and on...

Post any questions, and I'll try and help.

ReputationRep:
    From what little I have seen on this forum, people from Loughbourough seem really nice, down to earth, fun and freindly.

ReputationRep:
    hey, i mite do a msc management teher next year, do u know much or ne1 that went to there business school

ReputationRep:
    Call me really really ignorant, but apart from knowing that it is in the midlands I know nothing about this place.

I do however know a friend who went there and said that it was good for sports science or something.

Apparantly business too!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, The business school is very good. I did my undergraduate degree in Management Science at Loughborough Business School and I'm planning on doing my MSc in Management in about year.

The teaching standard is excellent and the tutors are always on hand to help you out. I thoroughly recommend it to any aspiring business student. There is an excellent library and the business school has many rooms dedicated to many business modules.

The campus is lively, clean and the students to the best of my knowledge are very friendly and down to earth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chatterbox282)
    Just thought I'd clear up this rubbish about the University where I spent 4 excellent years.

Yes, the town is small, and there are only 2 nightclubs. However, when you are drunk and with your friends, you can have a laugh anywhere. If you want to have a few drinks, the Orange Tree and other bars like Vice Versa, and lloyds which are really good (and cheap!) The union is excellent as well. It's one of the best in the country. Wed and Friday nights are the best, and you can gurantee you will have a laugh
    You can always organise trips to Notts and Leicester if you want as well.

Reputation wise, it's excellent. The business school and the engineering department I think have v.good reputations. Almost all employers will recognise Lufbra grads as good ones.

Anyway, I could go on and on...

Post any questions, and I'll try and help.
    You say you were at Loughbourough for four years, but yet you can not spell it... Seems a bit dubious to me.

Jason

ReputationRep:
    That's right, I just made it up for the fun of it.

And by the way you can? 'Loughbourough' ...try again...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
    You say you were at Loughbourough for four years, but yet you can not spell it...
    Neither can you.

ReputationRep:
    Surely anybody can see the Lufbra title was just an ironic joke?

ReputationRep:
    duh- thats what the locals call their town-lufbra, all the students use it and so do ppl who don't even go to the uni!! I went to school in the area and use that- its just quicker and its spelt that way because of how ppl say 'Loughborough'

ReputationRep:
    Lol... Ok I official apologise for my comment. It's actually hilariously ironic that I miss spelt it as well. I just had a two hour conversation with someone who went to 'Cambridge' and thus I asked them questions, to later find out that they were talking about APU. I was not amused. So again, I apologise for not knowing the 'lingo' and for miss spelling of Loughbourough. *Checks spelling, phew!*

Jason

ReputationRep:
    lol - you still got it wrong

ReputationRep:
    Thank god someone sorted it out for me..couldn' t be bothered with some people's ignorance..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
    I just had a two hour conversation with someone who went to 'Cambridge' and thus I asked them questions, to later find out that they were talking about APU.
    Damn. That would have royally pissed me off.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going there Taking a gap year and applying for 2005!

I know it has an awesome rep. within the UK, my only prob. is that ignorant people out here i.e. 99% of Brunei, have only heard of city universities and when I tell them I'm thinking of going to Lufbra, the response is usually "WHY would you wanna go THERE?! Your grades weren't THAT bad!" and it's so frustrating. What's worse is, I get this reaction from people who are going to Kingston. Piss.

I really like the sound of Loughborough though, their course for Banking, Finance and Management sounds great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by justcallmefoxxy)
    What's worse is, I get this reaction from people who are going to Kingston. Piss.

I really like the sound of Loughborough though, their course for Banking, Finance and Management sounds great!
    Oh dear.... Kingston?? Haha..

Hey Faten You know Michelle Wong? Her cousin went to Lufbra and apparently she really loved it... Not sure why the people here are so ignorant though. But do you REALLY want to work in Brunei?

In Malaysia, lots of people know it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilsunflower)
    But do you REALLY want to work in Brunei?
    Dear god no. haha. I definitely want to work in the UK, cling onto Matthew haha. It would just be nice to have people respect my university more than Kingston (Sorry but I have a thing against Kingston because dumb Bruneians keep getting it mixed up with King's!!!!!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tajel)
    Damn. That would have royally pissed me off.
    It did! I kept on asking questions about the colleges and stuff and he kept on giving me really obscure answers. So I pressured him into telling me which college he went to, and he said, "oh... I never actually said I was at Cambridge University, I am at APU!!!" I was so mad.

I have nothing against the APU, I just don't want to go there.

Jason

ReputationRep:
    My grandparents live just outside loughbourough in Quorndon, and i've been to the town numerous times. It's really pleaseant with a curious amount of old folk. Apparently the only thing bad about it all the scum bag students getting drunk and thinknig they own the place until one of the locals (with a job and house) comes round and gives the good for nothnig student *******s a slap.
    sorry, i just left college and have not decided to go to university. I just suddenly realise why the rest of the human race detests all of you scummy student types.

ReputationRep:
    Joe_South

I agree, Loughborough Students living in town especially have made alot of noise etc whilst walking back from a night out, but you have to admit it is a select few. (I.E: Rugby or football lads trying to prove to the rest of the team how manly they are) However it's not everyone and it's a bit wrong to generalise.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.