The Student Room Group

Your dance circle move of choice?

You know the moment, the moment of dread. When everyone's so awkward on a dance floor that they clump together, without realising we form a circle of comfort to protect us from the awkwardness. Then in comes Mr or Mrs Confident, sees the circle, pulls off some kind of dance move and then pushes you into the middle shouting "your turn!"

They think it's fun but it's a moment of utter horror made only slightly better by most of the rest of the circle pitying you going first as they rush to try and remember how to do the Robot or Dad Dance in a funny way.

I've never got round to 'having a move' so I always panic - so I thought I'd resolve this by asking: what's your circle panic dance move of choice?!

(edited 6 years ago)
I call it the "who wants shots?". Then proceed to the bar to buy shots saving myself from embarrassing videos which will no doubt end up on Facebook.

Original post by Meany Pie
I call it the "who wants shots?". Then proceed to the bar to buy shots saving myself from embarrassing videos which will no doubt end up on Facebook.

Ooh, I like this strategy. You could even make a bigger deal of it by walking around the circle pretending to hold a tray doing an Oprah "and you get a shot and you get a shot and you get a shot... etc". It'd be expensive but it would be worth it to get out of the circle of horror.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Captain Jack
Ooh, I like this strategy. You could even make a bigger deal of it by walking around the circle pretending to hold a tray doing an Oprah "and you get a shot and you get a shot and you get a shot... etc". It'd be expensive but it would be worth it to get out of the circle of horror.

£1 shots, a live saver. Although I think if it go to that stage of the night my ability to carry a tray full of shots may be slightly impaired :cheers:
Reply 4
The "do what your drunk brain tells you to do and end up on Facebook/Snapchat" move
Original post by UWS
The "do what your drunk brain tells you to do and end up on Facebook/Snapchat" move

Are you one of these talented impromptu circlers?
Reply 6
Original post by Captain Jack
Are you one of these talented impromptu circlers?

Talented only with alcohol :redface:
I'm brushing up on my dad moves so I can embarrass my future kids at any event where dancing takes place.

(edited 6 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest