Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I always end up having boring conversations with girls Watch

Announcements

I'm approaching mid twenties, but still kinda struggle with girls. The most recent, she always intiates conversation, has called me attractive etc. But our conversations are so dead and boring. It just ends up being small talk.

How do I keep a conversation exciting and keep her attention and into me?

and sometimes I want to initiate dirty talk to keep it exciting, but don't know how to without looking like a creep.

I've seen the same girl tagging a guy in memes that are relationship-ish but not explicitly (oh god I sound pathetic). Do I give up with this girl then? She still does message me, although I notice is less flirty (but still does a bit)
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Then how do you talk to guys? Girls are the same in the sense that they like interesting and stimulating conversation. People like talking about themselves or sharing stories so maybe ask about some of her interests, if any of them align with yours then you can share an anecdote and talk about that, she may even give her own story too.

If you are running out of things to say over text, then ask her out. You don't want her to be your texting buddy. It's also much easier to talk in real life than via text.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm approaching mid twenties, but still kinda struggle with girls. The most recent, she always intiates conversation, has called me attractive etc. But our conversations are so dead and boring. It just ends up being small talk.

and sometimes I want to initiate dirty talk to keep it exciting, but don't know how to without looking like a creep.

I've seen the same girl tagging a guy in memes that are relationship-ish but not explicitly (oh god I sound pathetic). Do I give up with this girl then? She still does message me, although I notice is less flirty (but still does a bit)
    The best way to keep a conversation interesting, is to get the person to talk about themselves. People love talking about themselves, and they will instantly like you. +Bring in flirting stuff as this is a crush.

Also get talking about a common interest then it won't be boring, also make sure you touch her hand or arm. When appropriate

ReputationRep:

You need my help for example...

I'm a life coach / dating executive coach, feel free to PM me if you're interested to change your lifestyle and alpha with the women.

ReputationRep:
    Just be brave, don't be scared of what ur gonna say. Also talk to her, how u would talk to one of ur mates. When the conversation is going really well and u get the vibe its slowly dying, just say u have to go, but end it with ttyl or something. Also only initiate dirty talk when she is....

ReputationRep:

Initiating talking dirty to a girl you've only just met is a really bad idea. At best you'll appear skeezy. At worst, a pervert who gets a criminal record for it.

You know girls are just human beings, don't you? Like boys, but with different bits. They don't need 'special' conversations or anything. Just talk to them like you'd talk to anyone else.

(Original post by UWS)
    Then how do you talk to guys? Girls are the same in the sense that they like interesting and stimulating conversation. People like talking about themselves or sharing stories so maybe ask about some of her interests, if any of them align with yours then you can share an anecdote and talk about that, she may even give her own story too.

If you are running out of things to say over text, then ask her out. You don't want her to be your texting buddy. It's also much easier to talk in real life than via text.
    (Original post by SuperHuman98)
    The best way to keep a conversation interesting, is to get the person to talk about themselves. People love talking about themselves, and they will instantly like you. +Bring in flirting stuff as this is a crush.

Also get talking about a common interest then it won't be boring, also make sure you touch her hand or arm. When appropriate
    (Original post by Oblige)
    You need my help for example...

I'm a life coach / dating executive coach, feel free to PM me if you're interested to change your lifestyle and alpha with the women.
    (Original post by Ryanthom100)
    Just be brave, don't be scared of what ur gonna say. Also talk to her, how u would talk to one of ur mates. When the conversation is going really well and u get the vibe its slowly dying, just say u have to go, but end it with ttyl or something. Also only initiate dirty talk when she is....
    Should I give up with this girl if she seems to be flirting with someone else like I said in my post? I just don't want to be an idiot wasting time.

Although she did call me attractive just this week

ReputationRep:
    Should I give up with this girl if she seems to be flirting with someone else like I said in my post? I just don't want to be an idiot wasting time.

Do what you want, but just don't put so much effort into one girl. Keep putting yourself out there and practicing/ ask her out so she can say no or yes

ReputationRep:

Naa don't give up yet, some girls are just like that for the bants, although listen to UWS he's pretty good at giving advice for stuff like this lol.

(Original post by SuperHuman98)
    Do what you want, but just don't put so much effort into one girl. Keep putting yourself out there and practicing/ ask her out so she can say no or yes
    Naa don't give up yet, some girls are just like that for the bants, although listen to UWS he's pretty good at giving advice for stuff like this lol.
    Hmm that's fair. I mean she starts 95% of conversations, but I've been so busy so give very delayed replies.

I might try and put some effort in and see how it goes.

And your other advices are helpful, will take that on board. Thanks
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Stop thinking about it too much and ask her out. If she's interested, she'll say yes.

Bump

Would like some extra input.

ReputationRep:
    bruh, she starts 95% of conversations... in a lot of relationships that ain't even the case xD. Dint give up lol, just talk to her still, maaayyybbeee get brave and start being flirty.

ReputationRep:
    get slightly tipsy and then talk to her.

bruh, she starts 95% of conversations... in a lot of relationships that ain't even the case xD. Dint give up lol, just talk to her still, maaayyybbeee get brave and start being flirty.
    I'm just so unsure if she's got a bf or something now

Not sure how to initiate some flirting, I find it a bit awkward when I'm starting it

ReputationRep:
    Lol just have a funny convo, joke around a little, then flirt.

ReputationRep:
    Mate.... u need to find a common ground with girls... fave movie..musical artist... etc..and chat with them about it.... and have some bants.. i am sure u have a sense of humour... use it!! Tease them.. have a joke... funny fact etc..

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.