Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Girl, 5, fined £150 for selling lemonade Watch

ReputationRep:
    A child of 5 is below the age of criminal responsibility.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiskey&Freedom)
    Overbearing left wing state trying to crush enterprise? How predictable.
    Overzealous agents of capitalism stamp down on community-focused cooperative enterprise*

ReputationRep:
    20,000 jihadis on the loose in the UK... police fine a girl £150 for selling lemonade. Priorities...

ReputationRep:
    This is what happens when council offers bonus based on how many fines are given sigh.

ReputationRep:
    Holy moly. I'd have still been paying that off with pocket money at the age of 7! :woo:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dodgypirate)
    20,000 jihadis on the loose in the UK... police fine a girl £150 for selling lemonade. Priorities...
    Police?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FakeNewsEditor)
    Pray tell, what would happen?
    In London, are you unclear about what would happen? How about an explosion of substandard 'food' offerings on dodgy stalls throughout the city, half of them spreading salmonella and the other half passing off fake food?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fullofsurprises)
    In London, are you unclear about what would happen? How about an explosion of substandard 'food' offerings on dodgy stalls throughout the city, half of them spreading salmonella and the other half passing off fake food?
    Other countries seem to manage just fine, maybe you just dislike people being forced to use common sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Other countries seem to manage just fine, maybe you just dislike people being forced to use common sense.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Which countries are you talking about? Most big cities around the world supervise public food selling.

ReputationRep:
    Which countries are you talking about? Most big cities around the world supervise public food selling.
    Places like Thailand.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Places like Thailand.
    O rly?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...oadside-stalls

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That is a great shame, their food is lovely.

ReputationRep:
    That is a great shame, their food is lovely.
    There have always been stories about people getting sick from eating street food in Thailand, sufficiently for people to blog about how to avoid it.
    https://www.tielandtothailand.com/sa...i-street-food/

I agree to an extent though that these things can be over-exaggerated and a little common sense goes a long way. I would guess that people are more vulnerable to food-transmitted illness in tropical countries than in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    There have always been stories about people getting sick from eating street food in Thailand, sufficiently for people to blog about how to avoid it.
    https://www.tielandtothailand.com/sa...i-street-food/

I agree to an extent though that these things can be over-exaggerated and a little common sense goes a long way. I would guess that people are more vulnerable to food-transmitted illness in tropical countries than in Europe.
    People just get sick from food, whether it be abroad or at home, it doesn't really matter. Even with all our licensing and checks we still allow food outlets to operate with 0 rated hygiene standards.

I think they are also more prone to them abroad because of foreign bacteria which the body has not built an immunity to.

ReputationRep:
    People just get sick from food, whether it be abroad or at home, it doesn't really matter. Even with all our licensing and checks we still allow food outlets to operate with 0 rated hygiene standards.

I think they are also more prone to them abroad because of foreign bacteria which the body has not built an immunity to.
    I was in Wales recently and by law there, every food outlet has to display their hygiene rating prominently. Seems to concentrate their minds wonderfully, nearly all have excellent ratings.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.