Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I will start at UCL this September, however, my main interest has always been Law, but I could not afford to travel to the UK to take the LNAT test last year, so I chose a course that I like anyway.
    Do you think it will be hard to change your degree? I wish I could receive some first-hand experiences because on the website it sounds really confusing.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leoijan)
    I will start at UCL this September, however, my main interest has always been Law, but I could not afford to travel to the UK to take the LNAT test last year, so I chose a course that I like anyway.
    Do you think it will be hard to change your degree? I wish I could receive some first-hand experiences because on the website it sounds really confusing.
    http://www.ucl.ac.uk/srs/academic-ma.../transfers#top
    The rules state that to transfer course students need to meet the entry requirements for the new course - that means the LNAT for Law.

Can I transfer to UCL Laws from a degree programme in another department at UCL?

Although such transfers are permitted in theory at UCL, if you have just started your course in another UCL department and you would like to be considered for a LLB Law degree programme to start immediately in the current academic year, it is unlikely we will have any places available.

If you are a current UCL student and you are enquiring about being considered as an interdepartmental transfer student to start the LLB Law degree programme in the next academic year, you will need to make this request before the UCAS deadline of 15 January, and have registered to take the LNAT by the 20 January in the same year that you intend to start the course.

You would need to meet our minimum entry requirements of A*AA at A-level or the international equivalent. Many students prefer to re-apply through UCAS as this means they can use all five choices on the UCAS form. We will not consider any requests or applications after the 15 January.

https://www.laws.ucl.ac.uk/study/und.../applying/faq/
    Although such transfers are permitted in theory at UCL, if you have just started your course in another UCL department and you would like to be considered for a LLB Law degree programme to start immediately in the current academic year, it is unlikely we will have any places available.
    If you are a current UCL student and you are enquiring about being considered as an interdepartmental transfer student to start the LLB Law degree programme in the next academic year, you will need to make this request before the UCAS deadline of 15 January, and have registered to take the LNAT by the 20 January in the same year that you intend to start the course.
    You would need to meet our minimum entry requirements of A*AA at A-level or the international equivalent. Many students prefer to re-apply through UCAS as this means they can use all five choices on the UCAS form. We will not consider any requests or applications after the 15 January.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.