Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

guys- at what age would you like to settle down? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    please also give reason as to why. if possible.
    thanks

(Original post by shiney2000)
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Maybe mid to late 20s? After I've got my degree and any other postgrad qualifications and been in work for several years

ReputationRep:
    Late 20's-early 30's definitely.. only thing is I wont be leaving university till 23, so with work and possibly post grad I won't be able to settle until like 25-26 but I'd like time to do my own stuff, if I find someone to share it with me along the way even better but I won't go out my way for it until my really late 20s once I've decided and done most the things I want

ReputationRep:
    28-30...still got a lot of living to do...

Not about marriage, and I'd rather 'cool uncle' status than dad tbh

ReputationRep:
    After I get into and complete my Master's degree, along with several years of work. It's ridiculous to even consider settling before you have your life in order and before you have a financial and academic basis on which to build your future. Therefore, it would either be in my very late 20's or early 30's.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    I guess around 35-38 :/

ReputationRep:
    I'd hope by around 30 cause by then I will completed my education and hopefully be working for a good couple of years.

ReputationRep:
    40ish

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    I m 22 and get married in October, I d settled down at 18 really

ReputationRep:
    early as possible because - time.

Most likely never because love is something that either makes you or breaks you and I got the latter.

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s when I've had a few flings ect in my 20s and I've got a stable career set up doing something I enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    Late 20s

I'd be 22/23 when I graduate then I wanna spend a few years building a stable career before focusing on relationships

ReputationRep:
    I'd want to concentrate on finishing/settling into the Medicine degree, so then perhaps around 25. Though don't know where children will fit into this without a lot of effort, considering that the intense schedule would just continue. I would want to be an active participant in my own child's childhood, but that will be at some odds with my career choice. A balance must be found.

However, on the other hand, "married life can be beautiful and fulfilling, and that it should be pursued, not delayed until your career is set and your problems all worked out. The blessing of marriage is finding someone to travel that road with".

So who knows, what shall happen will happen.

angelike1 I was 3 points away from the lighter green gem I've always wanted and your final rep on this pushed me into it! Yay! Thank you! :dance:

ReputationRep:
    Never

ReputationRep:
    Not untill I'm done with other ambitions.

Besides, I won't be able to afford a family for decades anyway.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shiney2000)
    thanks
    probably early 30s. plan to have money and to be well on my way career wise by then. ideally, I wouldn't settle down in one place, I'd just keep moving around to different countries as an expat like my dad did though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Mid 20s. Why? Because my life wouldn't largely change. I'd still go out, but with another person. If I go to a party, it'll be with another person. Shopping and housing won't be a chore. I think life becomes easier.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.