Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

British Courts and GOSH being undermined in the Charlie Gard case Watch

ReputationRep:
    I think it's wrong how two of our leading institutions have been undermined in this case.

The USA and the Vatican have attempted to undermine the decision of the most senior British courts by thinking they can issue Charlie with a Visa or citizenship to circumvent the bar on him being taken abroad for the experimental treatment. I imagine there would be outrage in the States if Britain did the same if the tables were turned. GOSH has also been demonised I feel throughout this case when it is an excellent hospital.

ReputationRep:
    I think you are being a little harsh. This is one of those exceedingly emotive topics. No side are really right or wrong. Both believe they have Charlie's interests at heart and I understand Charlies parents wanting to reach out and clutch on to any hope they can. It is one of those cases where no one wins. Being critical of those on the parents side is unhelpful.

ReputationRep:
    At this point the hospital should wash their hands with them. The undermining and slandering of the hospital is ridiculous. They actually believe that they don't want this kid to succeed. They're beyond delusional now and they need help. They don't have their child's best wishes at heart.

I feel for the staff who have had a bunch of crap written about them and said on the media. Anyone's who's ever actually been there would know just how professional and caring they are. The US and pope should just stay out of this as it's obvious Donald dump is just seeing this as a way to gain publicity and try look like a good guy.

ReputationRep:
    The will of the parents is being undermined by the state and busy body doctors.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.