Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

BSc Architectural Engineering and Design Management - advice needed Watch

University Navigation

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

On UCAS I had the University of Manchester as my first choice for 'BSc Architecture' but unfortunately I didn't get my entry. My second choice is Loughborough University for the course 'BSc Architectural Engineering and Design Management'. I'd love to do this course yet my parents are reluctant to let me because they think that with it, I wont be able to achieve my future goal of becoming an Architect. I'm from Holland so my parents are trying to make me go there and study 'BSc Architecture' at TU Delft but more than anything I don't want to go there.

I would be doing a masters degree in Architecture following the undergraduate course. I was wondering if anyone could give me advise on this... if I take 'BSc Architectural Engineering and Design Management' and follow it with a masters in Architecture, can I still achieve my goal of being an architect?

Furthermore, I have been telling my parents that if I did the 'Architectural Engineering and Design Management' course, I would be a lot more well-rounded as its more practical and hands on and perhaps more for those interested in starting their own firm. Does anyone know anything else about the course which would be beneficial to me when later pursuing a career as an architect?

I'd love to go to Loughborough and I'm trying to come up with points arguing to my parents that studying in the UK is better than studying in Holland. I'd appreciate people's opinions on this topic. Thanks so much in advance
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyforrest)
    Hello,

On UCAS I had the University of Manchester as my first choice for 'BSc Architecture' but unfortunately I didn't get my entry. My second choice is Loughborough University for the course 'BSc Architectural Engineering and Design Management'. I'd love to do this course yet my parents are reluctant to let me because they think that with it, I wont be able to achieve my future goal of becoming an Architect. I'm from Holland so my parents are trying to make me go there and study 'BSc Architecture' at TU Delft but more than anything I don't want to go there.

I would be doing a masters degree in Architecture following the undergraduate course. I was wondering if anyone could give me advise on this... if I take 'BSc Architectural Engineering and Design Management' and follow it with a masters in Architecture, can I still achieve my goal of being an architect?

Furthermore, I have been telling my parents that if I did the 'Architectural Engineering and Design Management' course, I would be a lot more well-rounded as its more practical and hands on and perhaps more for those interested in starting their own firm. Does anyone know anything else about the course which would be beneficial to me when later pursuing a career as an architect?

I'd love to go to Loughborough and I'm trying to come up with points arguing to my parents that studying in the UK is better than studying in Holland. I'd appreciate people's opinions on this topic. Thanks so much in advance

Hi lilyforrest

I honestly don't know the answer to this - however I have spoken to a colleague of mine who should be coming back with some more info later today.
    As soon as I have the info I'll pass it on to you

Vicky

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.