Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello, I've just gotten my Bsc (Hons) degree in biomedical science with a 2:2 (the course was IBMS accredited) and have started applying for jobs within the NHS sadly I am not yet HCPC registered so cannot yet work as a fully fledged biomedical scientist as I lack the IBMS Registration Training Portfolio. I was wondering if anyone knows what jobs within the NHS or outside that I can apply for that will give me the training I need and the ability to complete the portfolio so I can become registered.

    Thank you for reading any advice will be much appreciated.

    Hi you would need to apply for an MLA position which is band 2 or 3. Depending on the hospital you work, you will be put through the training profolio (best to apply for teaching hospitals). Normally takes upto a year to complete. Then you would be registered with hcpc and qualified for BMS band 5.
    The only way to do it as trainee positions are bit too competitive but nothings impossible.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 28, 2017
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo


"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.