The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Does choosing "with a year abroad" lessen chances of getting an offer?

hey, so basically UCL offers history (3 yrs) as well as history with a year abroad (4 yrs). The year abroad element really appeals to me, but I am wondering whether it will be more difficult to get an offer if i were to choose this? Ultimately, I would love to be in UCL & if this would make it harder to get an offer then I'd rather just go for a conventional 3 yr undergrad degree. If not, then I'd be delighted to study a yr abroad! Anyone able to inform me here because I'm not sure how this works 😂 Thanks x
Reply 1
Anyone?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Nah it won't be, you only apply for the year abroad in year 3 and if your grades and stuff are satisfactory, they'll let you go. So it's the same difficulty as any other standard offer for admission.
Even if you go for the Non-abroad option you can easily change anytime in your 1st year. 2nd year is when the applications of year abroad will take place
Reply 4
If the year abroad option is very popular it will lessen your chances but if you're a strong application I wouldn't worry. If it's really popular there may be more applications which make it more difficult but generally it should be same as the non abroad course
Original post by arch0wnz
Nah it won't be, you only apply for the year abroad in year 3 and if your grades and stuff are satisfactory, they'll let you go. So it's the same difficulty as any other standard offer for admission.

This.
Reply 6
Thanks guys for the responses, it seems to make sense now. I ended up sending an email to the department just before I saw these replies! Let's see what they have to say in response though.
Original post by Demesne7
Thanks guys for the responses, it seems to make sense now. I ended up sending an email to the department just before I saw these replies! Let's see what they have to say in response though.

Did you get a response?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending