Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim sues school for asking her not to wear burka on premises Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
    it's more about a child being forced to undergo it against their will obviously.
    Which I categorically disagree with. In fact I don't even think males should be circumcised before they are 18. It should be their choice to make as an adult.

ReputationRep:
    This is a waste of the courts time. Picture it like this; the school wont let me wear a nazi uniform because it represents the oppression of jews. The burqa represents the oppression of women. Simple as. They should not allow the burqa in school. Im not allowed to wear a KKK uniform, even if i was a member of the KKK.
    (Original post by astutehirstute)
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7852396.html

This woman is a vexatious litigant, what a waste of the court's time. If she wins her lawyer will be enriched as will she, and the public purse impoverished. To what good end?

The more incidents there are like this, the more the division grows between non Muslims and non non Muslims.

Many will feel If she is so unhappy with this, why doesn't she go and live in a country where she would be forced to wear a burka anyway? Like Afghanistan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EternalLight)
    Just to make it absolutely clear in case you're getting the wrong impression I do not support female circumcision at all. It's harmful and leads to problems but the argument here is if someone wants to do x and y do their bodies as an adult, why should they not be allowed to? If at the end of the day it is their body and they are harming nobody else.
    Then why the **** did you reply to a post about child forced FGM in the name of religion, with something irrelevant?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JMR2017)
    I mean, why not let women wear what they want?
    Nobody can just wear whatever they want. There are all sorts of social norms and I don't know why exceptions should be made for the nebulous "culture" reason. This isn't about gender.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BigYoSpeck)
    Children are an at risk group, nobody should be allowed on school premises with their identity concealed. Wear the burka all you like out and about in public spaces or at home, but when in a facility with security concerns and at risk individuals you should be identifiable at all times.

That it wasn't a written policy is the oversight here.
    Yes. Christians wouldn't be allowed to cover their faces either (even on the street) and I'm sure all sorts of things are prohibited in school. I hate when people make the culture or gender argument - why should she receive special treatment? That's the real question.

ReputationRep:
    I support the school and its pathetic the woman's milking it. She felt shaken by being told her clothing was a security risk? Like ffs get a bloody grip and stop being a snowflake.

ReputationRep:
    Just to make it absolutely clear in case you're getting the wrong impression I do not support female circumcision at all. It's harmful and leads to problems but the argument here is if someone wants to do x and y do their bodies as an adult, why should they not be allowed to? If at the end of the day it is their body and they are harming nobody else.
    What the hell. Surely, you could've guessed that QE2 was talking about the barbaric practice of forcing an underage child against her will to undergo a surgery that is in no way beneficial but causes irreversible damage and problems. Since when is "FGM" used in the context of a consenting adult woman??

Well that was a wild ride, I need to go lie down now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h333)
    Clearly not. Someone who hasn't been there and not even from there telling me the facts, please.I have been to many locations there. I am from there. Sorry to say you're "facts" are false.

Yh fine, just shows your true colours and agenda. Reported, don't quote me again.
    Out of curiosity what parts of Afghanistan have you been to?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)
    What the hell. Surely, you could've guessed that QE2 was talking about the barbaric practice of forcing an underage child against her will to undergo a surgery that is in no way beneficial but causes irreversible damage and problems. Since when is "FGM" used in the context of a consenting adult woman??

Well that was a wild ride, I need to go lie down now
    It's the old agenda.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orderofthelotus)

Well that was a wild ride, I need to go lie down now.
    My bad I didn't read his post properly.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, if this is allowed

(tattooed eyes)

Then if an adult woman wants to have some kind of surgery done to her private region that is her decision. It doesn't harm anyone else remember, isn't that the western motto? It's ok as long as it doesn't harm anyone else?
    What the actual **** is wrong with you? Do you have any idea what they do to little girls when doing FGM? It ranges from slicing off the clitoris (the most sensitive part) to sewing up the vagina so small periods last for 10-12 days. And its all done without any medication to help with the pain so you can easily bleed to death and get an infection. There are absoloutely no benefits to FGM and the practice was created by a bunch of virgin loving misogynists.

And you say its fine? I've seen some deluded people but you take one of the top.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsSheldonCooper)
    I support the school and its pathetic the woman's milking it. She felt shaken by being told her clothing was a security risk? Like ffs get a bloody grip and stop being a snowflake.
    Your back !
    You are barely on TSR that much.

ReputationRep:
    :woo: And she returns! Doubtless having had far more important things than TSR to do in her hiatus.

ReputationRep:
    What the actual **** is wrong with you? Do you have any idea what they do to little girls when doing FGM? It ranges from slicing off the clitoris (the most sensitive part) to sewing up the vagina so small periods last for 10-12 days. And its all done without any medication to help with the pain so you can easily bleed to death and get an infection. There are absoloutely no benefits to FGM and the practice was created by a bunch of virgin loving misogynists.

And you say its fine? I've seen some deluded people but you take one of the top.
    I said I disagree with it, perhaps you should go back and look at exactly what I said.

Children should not be circumcised or mutilated at all.
    I disagree with female circumcision all together.
    Adults should be free to choose what they do to their bodies.

I'm saying no more on the matter
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Meany Pie)
    Nobody would choose to have FGM unless there were mentally deficient.
    Quite a few women of sound mental faculties have opted for a certain procedure called the hoodectomy.

ReputationRep:
    I said I disagree with it, perhaps you should go back and look at exactly what I said.

Children should not be circumcised or mutilated at all.
    I disagree with female circumcision all together.
    Adults should be free to choose what they do to their bodies.

I'm saying no more on the matter
    Your first relpy had nothing to do with child FGM.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Adults are allowed to get all kinds of surgery done, I don't see why female circumcision should be any different.
    He was talking about children not adults, duh.

But your point is really dumb in another way. What adult woman ( even a Muslim) would choose to get their clitoris sliced off??

So your statement is ridiculous. Men are " free" to chop their willies off too, but what is the purpose of such a freedom, since it will never be exercised except by the insane?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moonstruck16)
    Jesus Christ.

You realise everyone is shocked because you are absolutely clueless on the matter. The whole uproar about FGM is because backwards creeps force their daughters to have the operation. Did you actually not read QE2's reply properly or is this just you trying the further that agenda of yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I disagree with all forms of circumcision but why has FGM caused such an uproar and male circumcision hasn't?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comebackseason)
    I disagree with all forms of circumcision but why has FGM caused such an uproar and male circumcision hasn't?
    Female circumcision involves the removal of the clitoris, the focal point of female sexual arousal.

It is designed to prevent women enjoying sex, wanting sex, and is rightly thought of as a male process to control women. It is also a nasty procedure of no medical benefit.

Male circumcision is the removal of the foreskin. It is a very simple procedure and has little if any impact on sexual performance. It might have some medical benefits, that is disputed.

Both are ridiculous in my view, but female circumcision is much the worse procedure. There is nothing to be said in its favour and it isn't even mandated in Islam. Unlike male circumcision.

It is also illegal, unlike male circumcision.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    The voice of reason.

She was "shaken" and "broke down" and left feeling like she "didn't belong"? Of course... until she found out about the compensation she might be able to get and the fee for the story if she sold it.

She felt a bit better after that.
    PRSOM

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.