Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

this might be a weird question but I did not find an answer via Google and I haven't studied in the UK before so here is my question:

I have received a conditional offer. It says if I fullfill the conditions I will receive an unconditional offer. Now I have fulfilled those, uploaded the documents etc.
    What now?
    Do I wait for them to send me the unconditional offer, which I will then accept or do I need to accept the conditional offer first?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by TBubblez)
    Hi,

this might be a weird question but I did not find an answer via Google and I haven't studied in the UK before so here is my question:

I have received a conditional offer. It says if I fullfill the conditions I will receive an unconditional offer. Now I have fulfilled those, uploaded the documents etc.
    What now?
    Do I wait for them to send me the unconditional offer, which I will then accept or do I need to accept the conditional offer first?
    This sounds a bit bonkers because asking you to meet conditions and you doing so means you have accepted the offer and met the terms. There is no need for them to send a further offer. They should just confirm the offer was met.

When you are dealing with bureaucracy like this the best method is just to get on the phone and speak to a human being in admissions or the department you are applying to.

Confirm from them that you have met the conditions of the offer and how they will confirm that. Better to do this in a few phone calls than hang around waiting and not knowing or being confused. Follow it up in writing and get them to confirm via official e-mail just to make sure.

Also make a note of the date and time of who you were speaking to and get their name, so you can contact the same person and use this as evidence if here is any confusion in the future.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    This sounds a bit bonkers because asking you to meet conditions and you doing so means you have accepted the offer and met the terms. There is no need for them to send a further offer. They should just confirm the offer was met.

When you are dealing with bureaucracy like this the best method is just to get on the phone and speak to a human being in admissions or the department you are applying to.

Confirm from them that you have met the conditions of the offer and how they will confirm that. Better to do this in a few phone calls than hang around waiting and not knowing or being confused. Follow it up in writing and get them to confirm via official e-mail just to make sure.

Also make a note of the date and time of who you were speaking to and get their name, so you can contact the same person and use this as evidence if here is any confusion in the future.
    Yes I know what you mean but it states in the offer, that they will make me an unconditional one when they have received all the documentation confirming that I fulfilled the conditions. That is why I am confused. Sorry, where I am from this all works really different - there is no such thing as conditional/unconditional offers
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by TBubblez)
    Yes I know what you mean but it states in the offer, that they will make me an unconditional one when they have received all the documentation confirming that I fulfilled the conditions. That is why I am confused. Sorry, where I am from this all works really different - there is no such thing as conditional/unconditional offers
    Hi

My advice above is correct. You can quicjly clear the confusion up by contacting them on the phone.

Explain who you are and the course you have applied for so they can id you.
    Have the e-mail available so you can communicate to them what it says.
    Confirm that you have uploaded the documents.
    Ask if that is all you need to do to accept or there is an additional stage.

I am unable to see the relevant document so I cant say for certain what it says. A single word or definition could make it clear what they mean, but you might not have picked up on it or it could just be ambiguous.

Ring them and you should sort it out in one phone call or if you have to, then e-mail, but theres no certainty as to when it will be dealt with.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.