Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been told you looked older/younger than you are? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yesmynameis)
    im 17 and got mistaken for my 11 year old sister last week by my old headteacher.
    also, a few weeks ago, my sister went to buy her school uniform for secondary school, and im in sixth form which doesnt have a uniform. the guy serving us asked if the new uniform was for me (basically thought i was going into year 7)

buuuut at other times i get told me and my mum look like sisters, or that i look like the mum and she looks like the daughter
    has happened to me many times smh I get mistaken for my 5 year old sister

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HabibSyed)
    Fu*k yea.

If I start flirting with Brunel University girls at the bus stop, they usually play along too. You know, that thing where the one who they think your looking at turns her back to you and the other one faces her and conveniently you as well to see if your looking at her friend, and then when you do she wispers to other? Ya, that goes on until I pull out my 11-15 year old oyster card. They hear the three "beep beep beep" which shows the driver and eveyone else that you're younger. Then girls wisper "he's just a boy, ha hee ha ha."

Or when I'm at the barber, and try to charge me adult fee's?

Sometimes its a good thing though, like when bartenders serve me drinks without question, or when bouncers let me in the pub.

The biggest postitive, it that my face looks older because of my sharper features, which girls usually love. Im blessed to look older in that way than the old, wrinkly, sag face way...

I don't know what it feels like to be 15/16 sometimes, because not many people treat me that way.
    :rofl: I swear the beep is more like 7/8 times tho? What kind of Oyster you got?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I often get told I look a lot younger than 25. The registrar at my wedding even mentioned it during the the ceremony - "I can't believe they've been together this long when they look so young" :laugh:

I used to get annoyed at looking so young but it'll be a blessing when I'm 40 so I just smile now when I get ID'd :teehee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    in the past two weeks two separate chuggers have stopped me and said something along the lines of "hi, .....but i think you might be too young, are you 21?"

A month ago outside a pub I was chatting with some girls and they asked my age, I told one of them to guess and she said 19

I was in secondary school when burrito was born but the brah indeed does look older than me 100%

ReputationRep:
    People usually think I'm a couple years older than I actually am.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    younger when i was on my own when i was 18, been told older when i m with my fiance ( someone once though we were the same age when i m 4 years younger)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrIso)
    :rofl: I swear the beep is more like 7/8 times tho? What kind of Oyster you got?
    Nah its just 3 beeps. I have the ZIP 11-15 oyster card, the green one with photo ID? I'll have to get the 16+ one come september.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HabibSyed)
    Nah its just 3 beeps. I have the ZIP 11-15 oyster card, the green one with photo ID? I'll have to get the 16+ one come september.
    Yh I got the same one, must be hearing it wrong.

ReputationRep:
    I was told I looked 13 when I was 17..! I don't wear makeup though, and the majority of 17 y/o girls wear it I guess.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 26, and people usually believe that I'm younger than 18 years old.
    In comparision to photographs, I look almost exactly the same like when I was 16.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    I'm 16 and I look 7 bruv smH makeup makes no difference either
    You'll be glad about it when you're 30 😭.

ReputationRep:
    I get told that I look both from different people which is just weird

ReputationRep:
    It has happened in awhile but a few months ago the people at the train ticket bsrrier would always think i was a child (15 or under) but when i went to restaurants and even a pub they thought i was over 18, when i was 17 so I had the best of both worlds. I just look old now tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyP1)
    i got told i looked 18 when i was 14
    I get this all the time! I'm told often that i look around 18 years old when i'm actually 23 years old. In some aspects its great and in others its so damn annoying!

ReputationRep:
    Always get told I look like I'm in my twenties... I'm 16 but

Was in France last week and purchased alcohol on multiple occasions and not once was my age questioned hahaha
    (although they are a lot more relaxed over there)

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I look younger so people always think im like 13 idk :lol:
    One time this guy said he thought I was 19 (im 16), but I think he was just flirting..

ReputationRep:
    Younger, almost all the time.

ReputationRep:
    Was really frustrating whenever I asked for child tickets last year. I'm probably one of very few people in my year that doesn't like about age and has a railcard.

ReputationRep:
    Ive been told i look like I'm 12 when i was 18, i hope they were joking

I'm 19 and I get told I look both older and younger :/

Some people say I look 15

Others say I look 25

Probs that age

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.