Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    With A Level results day drawing nearer, I have a feeling that I might have missed my Law offer for KCL but made my insurance(Bristol). Now I know Bristol is a good university but I've had my heart set on Kings for so long so I'd be very disappointed. Does anyone attend Bristol and can give me an honest opinion of what it's like? Law students especially would be helpful

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I don't know about Bristol but just to say I hope you've made your offer for KCL *fingers crossed for next month*

ReputationRep:
    I know Bristol well. Bristol students tend to enjoy their time there and go on to develop good careers. Lots of people would love a place at Bristol, and dealing with a setback or an unplanned turn of events is part of becoming an adult.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I haven't studied at the uni (I'm applying there and KCL this September too though! ), and I'm not a law applicant either but I do live nearby. The campus is gorgeous and Bristol is generally a great place to live. The Willis building where the law students study is >>>>> KCL's law buildings. Town-wise there's so much going on, and the pace is much more chilled than London; people are friendlier. And, it's cheaper too I don't know how it compares for your course, but generally speaking Bristol is pretty respectable.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by teenhorrorstory)
    With A Level results day drawing nearer, I have a feeling that I might have missed my Law offer for KCL but made my insurance(Bristol). Now I know Bristol is a good university but I've had my heart set on Kings for so long so I'd be very disappointed. Does anyone attend Bristol and can give me an honest opinion of what it's like? Law students especially would be helpful
    Cant say much about Bristol Uni, but Bristol is a fantastic city and great place to live

People I have known who went to Bristol Uni, had a great time as well

ReputationRep:
    Two points:
    1. Lots of people are panicking that they've missed their offers. Not everyone will have - try to relax and see what happens. It's not impossible to get accepted with an offer miss;
    2. Think of the positives of Bristol. Really understanding the material is more important than a few places in university rankings.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Bristol is a great town, if you like good music and parties it is fantastic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I study there and know a few lawyers. The place has a great student life and most law students I know are enjoying it.

I can answer any questions, if you have more.

I also went here due to it being my insurance and not my firm, but I'm glad I did come here.

ReputationRep:
    I don't go to Uni of Bristol but I live in Bristol, its a really nice city and great for students (I think)
    Also people are really nice, lots to do etc

ReputationRep:
    I just hope i got into my insurance UWE cuz i feel like i flopped my exams however i wish you the best and hope you get into your first choice I don't even like Bristol i feel like the city is too small and everyone knows each other i really hope to move out the UK in the future or move to London. Been living in Bristol for too long.

ReputationRep:
    Wherever you go will be amazing. It is what you make of it. If you go to Kings, great. If you go to Bristol and spend your whole time wishing you were at Kings it will be horrendous. Lower your expectations. Roll with any punch and take what is on offer. Amazing people come from the most unlikely places. Going to Bristol won't inhibit your ambitions in any way. Only your attitude will do that.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your replies. You're right Bristol does seem like a fantastic place and university, and possibly missing my firm choice isn't the end of the world... I actually haven't visited Bristol so that's something I'll try to do soon
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jk479)
    I don't go to Uni of Bristol but I live in Bristol, its a really nice city and great for students (I think)
    Also people are really nice, lots to do etc
    I lived in Bristol for three years and I'm there most of the time!

Whereabouts?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Thank you all for your replies. You're right Bristol does seem like a fantastic place and university, and possibly missing my firm choice isn't the end of the world... I actually haven't visited Bristol so that's something I'll try to do soon
    Bristol :heart: (I took these - sorry theyre huge!)

Name:  17310540_1263466410368863_629251071_o.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  111.5 KB
    Attachment 675690675692
    Attachment 675690675692675700
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I only travel down there to see friends and go to raves, and I can tell you hand on heart that they are the best parties in the UK, better than anything London has to offer for one simple reason, the people are so friendly.

ReputationRep:
    You absolutely must visit Bristol, it's a city with a wonderful vibe. If you had done so I suspect you might even have chosen it as your first choice above KCL. In terms of accommodation your halls are more likely to be within a reasonable distance of university, the union and the library, which makes life really easy. And it's got a balloon festival!

ReputationRep:
    Better learn some ****ing mandarin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CompleteMorality)
    Better learn some ****ing mandarin.
    Lmao why?

ReputationRep:
    Jeez many people would give their eye teeth to go to Bristol. My son went there it is greeeeeeeaaat

ReputationRep:
    Lmao why?
    There dont seem to be many non Chinese in BS1.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.