Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Is it a good uni? I applied for a masters in events management. Is there anyone who studied at Lincoln? What do you think about the uni?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by katiaRnd)
    Is it a good uni? I applied for a masters in events management. Is there anyone who studied at Lincoln? What do you think about the uni?
    Hi,

I graduated from Lincoln Uni 5 years ago but still live and work in the city.

The Uni is one of the most improved and it continues to grow. When I first came to Lincoln, all my friends and family had never heard of it and it was something ridiculous like 202 on the league tables. Now, in 2017, it's a top 50 institution.

It's a very Campus based university, with the majority of buildings in the same area, or just a short walk. A lot of the buildings have changed since I was studying, so I don't know where your sessions will be, but it's a very modern institution. The library often operates 24 hours and is spread over 4 floors, so your almost always guaranteed somewhere to work.

Your graduation is held in the cities cathedral and the reception after is in the castle grounds. It really is a special day.

I'm going back to uni do my Masters this September, unfortunately not at Lincoln as they don't offer it, but if they did I would be.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alan88)
    Hi,

I graduated from Lincoln Uni 5 years ago but still live and work in the city.

The Uni is one of the most improved and it continues to grow. When I first came to Lincoln, all my friends and family had never heard of it and it was something ridiculous like 202 on the league tables. Now, in 2017, it's a top 50 institution.

It's a very Campus based university, with the majority of buildings in the same area, or just a short walk. A lot of the buildings have changed since I was studying, so I don't know where your sessions will be, but it's a very modern institution. The library often operates 24 hours and is spread over 4 floors, so your almost always guaranteed somewhere to work.

Your graduation is held in the cities cathedral and the reception after is in the castle grounds. It really is a special day.

I'm going back to uni do my Masters this September, unfortunately not at Lincoln as they don't offer it, but if they did I would be.

Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thank you for your answer.
    The university really went up in rankings, i saw that. And the employment rate is one of the highest.
    The events management is a part of the Business school, have you heard something about it?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for your answer.
    The university really went up in rankings, i saw that. And the employment rate is one of the highest.
    The events management is a part of the Business school, have you heard something about it?
    Afraid not.

My undergraduate degree was Criminology and Journalism, which was under the Faculty of Humanities.

My friend did do Law who was under the Business and Law School. Her sessions were scattered all over the campus, as were mine. The Uni has a lot of buildings that have lecture and seminar rooms, and sessions tended to be in a variety of them. It may have changed now.

Have you been for an open day?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    The best bet for you is to go to the University of Lincoln and attend an Open Day there. My contact with Lincoln is with a Lincoln student who is studying Economics. He seems to be doing pretty well, but you will get a physical-feel of the university if you attend an Open Day.

ReputationRep:
    I am very anti-snobbery when it comes to universities, but this clip was the first thing that came into my head when I saw the thread title.
    It's done irreparable damage to my perception of the University of Lincoln.

Spoiler:
    Show

It sounds great though

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.