Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

GIRLS: Do you feel pressured to be thinner? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I feel pressure for being a bit bigger rather than thinner now that Kim Kardashian is trendy, but don't really care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    Tbh i've never been seen as "fat' . But my friends which are larger than the average girl have definitely told me about the pressures of weight loss for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmaooome)
    oitnb tastieeee yasss
    Love her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emerald7770)
    Love her
    "they done our girl wrong, Mr Caputo"
    that shi* lowkey had me tearing up tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hamzakalinle)
    "they done our girl wrong, Mr Caputo"
    that shi* lowkey had me tearing up tbh
    *highkey

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I've never really felt any pressure. I've always been a consistently 'average' to slim weight so people didn't really comment about me being fat or thin. I would like to lose weight but that's due to my preference on how I like my body to look as opposed to what someone else thinks

ReputationRep:
    *highkey
    nah I felt more sorry for SoSo than Poussey. Only time I got emotional was when Flaritza got separated.

ReputationRep:
    nah I felt more sorry for SoSo than Poussey. Only time I got emotional was when Flaritza got separated.
    Why? Poussey is the dead one! Taystee and the rest of the black squad are so freakin' loyal man. They won't give up until they get justice for their girl poussey! Bless em. Mate... I cried when flaritza got seperated. Real tears. I'm really interested to see what's going to happen from there. Will they be taken to other prisons? Who knows?

ReputationRep:
    Why? Poussey is the dead one! Taystee and the rest of the black squad are so freakin' loyal man. They won't give up until they get justice for their girl poussey! Bless em. Mate... I cried when flaritza got seperated. Real tears. I'm really interested to see what's going to happen from there. Will they be taken to other prisons? Who knows?
    Probably because I didn't really remember much from season 4 so kind of forgot what Poussey went through but the way SoSo was depressed and crying and stuff just made me feel super sorry for her.
    Nah you didn't actually cry did you? I was proper sad but I couldn't get tears out lmao.
    It just makes me sad there wont be a Litchfield anymore...

ReputationRep:
    Probably because I didn't really remember much from season 4 so kind of forgot what Poussey went through but the way SoSo was depressed and crying and stuff just made me feel super sorry for her.
    Nah you didn't actually cry did you? I was proper sad but I couldn't get tears out lmao.
    It just makes me sad there wont be a Litchfield anymore...
    Oh yeah that's true... she's proper depressed n all.

Lol then it wasn't THAT emotional for you as it was for me. The music at the background was quite sad and it suited the scene so perfectly. Sad songs + sad scene = tears.
    yh that's hella depressing man. don't think I can rlly continue if it's not in that prison. I'm way too attached to that one and there's probs gonna be new characters! damn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shameful_burrito)
    Chick weight innit😂 5'9
    But that's my weight and I'm size 6 and 5 foot 5, are you sure?? :eyeball:

ReputationRep:
    I'm waaay too thin as it is - or that's what everyone tells me :emo: pressurizing me to eat more every day
    I can literally feel my rib cage - even if I can't see it when I breathe out

ReputationRep:
    Used to. Suffered from mental health problems for ages but now I'm happy as I am. I'm 5' 3", 120lbs and 15 years old. I don't diet, I just eat mostly healthy and exercise (usually football ). Idgaf what people think anymore, I do what makes me happy and feel good.

ReputationRep:
    No- if anything I need to gain weight.

ReputationRep:
    Sure I feel the pressure to be thin -- but it's appealing and it feels good to be lighter. Idk it makes you feel more mobile.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GreekTea)
    Girl you don't need to be getting no skinnier.
    Well, if you are significantly overweight, you should really be trying to do something about it.

(Original post by butfirst_coffee)
    I appreciate Victoria secret body type but it's not happening ^-^
    :coma:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    Well, if you are significantly overweight, you should really be trying to do something about it.

:coma:
    Yeah yeah my wording is dodgy but you get the jist

ReputationRep:
    I think that they do, but I hear a lot of girls saying 'I don't/do feel pressured by guys to be skinnier'...
    We all freaking now that in the majority of cases we don't feel pressured because of men...We feel pressured because of other girls.
    In most cases what a girl would consider 'fat' a guy would not, and I think most girls know this, guys are probably around the skinner girls because in most cases it's not because they're skinny, it's because they're louder and more confident, but they're probably not as a attracted to her as another girl who's quieter and more curvy, however that girl will just be wanting to be like the skinny girl and blame it on the physical differences between them and not the personality side...

I'm using a playground example because when we leave school I don't really feel like that should even be a real question haha. Who cares? Surely everyone realises once they've left school that no one really cares and everyones just trying to get on with their own lives, and those that do are you friends so you should feel comfortable around them and not pressured. I feel that once you're out of that school environment, most people just try to be happy and healthy and stop thinking of stupid questions like that.

But, yes I do think that they feel pressured to be skinnier, but not because of guys, maybe for guys but not because of them in most cases, in most cases I think girls aspire to be like other girls because they admire them for whatever reason and have low self esteem, and like I said, they mainly focus on the physical differences between themselves and the women they would like to be like.

ReputationRep:
    Not really I've always been bigger and it's never really bothered me

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.