Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys. I'm starting a postgraduate course in September and I have two offers from different universities and I hope some might have done one of the courses or a similar one to help me decide which one to choose.
    It's either "Strategic Marketing Communications" at University of Greenwich or "Digital Marketing" at Northumbria University (London campus). Has anyone done a marketing related course at either of the two universities and can tell me more about their time there?
    I wanted to go to Greenwich in the first place, but I'm struggling to make a final decision between these two - I know they're both not very well ranked, but how important is that in the end? I finished a media related apprenticeship, have a business BSc and some work experience, so the university rank shouldn't really matter much on the job hunt, right??
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by bodobear)
    Hey guys. I'm starting a postgraduate course in September and I have two offers from different universities and I hope some might have done one of the courses or a similar one to help me decide which one to choose.
    It's either "Strategic Marketing Communications" at University of Greenwich or "Digital Marketing" at Northumbria University (London campus). Has anyone done a marketing related course at either of the two universities and can tell me more about their time there?
    I wanted to go to Greenwich in the first place, but I'm struggling to make a final decision between these two - I know they're both not very well ranked, but how important is that in the end? I finished a media related apprenticeship, have a business BSc and some work experience, so the university rank shouldn't really matter much on the job hunt, right??
    As you recognise they are both on a level where its not going to make much difference. So imo location, course content, distance, campus , location etc. You must have applied to both for a reason.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bodobear)
    Hey!

Congratulations on your offer! We're delighted to hear that you are considering the University of Greenwich!

Our marketing programmes are ranked in the top five for student satisfaction and second overall in London by the Complete University Guide 2017.

The Strategic Marketing Communications programme has been designed to develop your management skills which are central to the relationship between organisations and customers. If you are interested in a career which is focussed on Strategic Communications then this programme is ideal for you!

Graduates of Strategic Marketing Communications are working in a range of roles. This includes working as consultants and as marketing and marketing communications managers for companies such as PricewaterhouseCoopers (PwC) and the Co-op Group.

We hope that this gives you a better idea about the programme and the careers that it can lead to

Katie :rave:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.