Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Condoms- help!! Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benr123456)
    Does that mean I should rule out any standard sizes?
    The regular sized condoms, yes.

ReputationRep:
    Does that mean I should rule out any standard sizes?
    Really, it's best to just find ones that work for you and stick with them. That way you don't have to worry whether the different ones you got will fit fine or not. You can try testing a few different ones over time but just stick to what you know works. So once you find the ones that fit you best, just stock up on those if you plan on having sex. I end up buying 36 condom boxes cause that's the largest they sell for ones my bf uses.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Devify)
    Really, it's best to just find ones that work for you and stick with them. That way you don't have to worry whether the different ones you got will fit fine or not. You can try testing a few different ones over time but just stick to what you know works. So once you find the ones that fit you best, just stock up on those if you plan on having sex. I end up buying 36 condom boxes cause that's the largest they sell for ones my bf uses.
    I will try but sometimes you go back to a girls place and they have some there so I just wanted to know if I could get away with using standard ones sometimes if that's what the girl has? I'll try to take the ones that fit best when I can though.

ReputationRep:
    I will try but sometimes you go back to a girls place and they have some there so I just wanted to know if I could get away with using standard ones sometimes if that's what the girl has? I'll try to take the ones that fit best when I can though.
    So what if the girl has a condom? You are allowed to take your own and actually should do so. It's your d*ck that is being covered, bring your own condoms. Girls already have to bother with other types of contraception to also have to worry about getting the right size condoms for every guy they may have sex with.

The only time the girl should have to supply you with one should be if you had multiple rounds and didn't bring enough yourself or if you are in a relationship with her so have some condoms at her place for times when you have sex there.

ReputationRep:
    Just could be a bit awkward otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    Just could be a bit awkward otherwise!
    How is it awkward???

ReputationRep:
    I guess it isn't just feels weird having to say I need to use my condoms not yours but I guess you are right.

ReputationRep:
    I guess it isn't just feels weird having to say I need to use my condoms not yours but I guess you are right.
    So you're making out and doing stuff and it's less awkward to ask her if she has a condom rather than just pulling out your own?
    Girls don't just have the condoms in their pockets or something, it's usually in some drawer in the room. So there's a step there to get one. It usually means she needs to stop you and get up to get it or tell you where it is. So if that happens you just say "I've got one on me". You don't have to, and have no reason to, go and say "Sorry luv, will have to use mine, I'm pretty small" or give any other excuse. She won't go, "oh but we just got to use mine". The only time she might would be if she's one of the rare people who have a latex allergy.

ReputationRep:
    So you're making out and doing stuff and it's less awkward to ask her if she has a condom rather than just pulling out your own?
    Girls don't just have the condoms in their pockets or something, it's usually in some drawer in the room. So there's a step there to get one. It usually means she needs to stop you and get up to get it or tell you where it is. So if that happens you just say "I've got one on me". You don't have to, and have no reason to, go and say "Sorry luv, will have to use mine, I'm pretty small" or give any other excuse. She won't go, "oh but we just got to use mine". The only time she might would be if she's one of the rare people who have a latex allergy.
    Yeah ok that makes a lot of sense. I still think I'm probably lower average than really small though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ok that makes a lot of sense. I still think I'm probably lower average than really small though.
    Honey, you have to admit it to yourself at some point. Being slightly smaller than average would mean that you use the trim condoms or the regular ones that are on the smaller size, e.g. 52mm. Considering you need basically the smallest condoms available means you're small. I'm sorry but that's just the fact. On the plus side, not many girls really care that much if they're with you for the relationship and not just sex.

ReputationRep:
    Honey, you have to admit it to yourself at some point. Being slightly smaller than average would mean that you use the trim condoms or the regular ones that are on the smaller size, e.g. 52mm. Considering you need basically the smallest condoms available means you're small. I'm sorry but that's just the fact. On the plus side, not many girls really care that much if they're with you for the relationship and not just sex.
    I'm just saying length should count too.

ReputationRep:
    I'm just saying length should count too.
    Well you're not tiny if that helps. But compared to average, you are small. That's the fact. Average length for an erection is 5.16 inches. Are you at least over 5 inches?

ReputationRep:
    Well you're not tiny if that helps. But compared to average, you are small. That's the fact. Average length for an erection is 5.16 inches. Are you at least over 5 inches?
    I'm basically 5 long and 4 around.

ReputationRep:
    I'm basically 5 long and 4 around.
    So under average for length too then.

ReputationRep:
    Basically average length and slightly thin though!

ReputationRep:
    Can I quickly ask a related question here?
    How do I know if the condom is too tight, or too short?

ReputationRep:
    I would think too short would be obvious but condoms are often made to be really long I think. The whole 'how tight should it be' still confuses me to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrsuperguy)
    Can I quickly ask a related question here?
    How do I know if the condom is too tight, or too short?
    I would think too short would be obvious but condoms are often made to be really long I think. The whole 'how tight should it be' still confuses me to be honest.
    Too short is obvious that the condom isn't long enough to roll down to the base. If there's like half an inch uncovered, then it doesn't matter too much.

For tightness, think about clothes, like socks or jeans. If they're too tight, they'll dig into the skin, if they're too loose, they will be slipping down.

Same way with a condom, if it's too tight, you will notice the edge of it digging into you and it might be that you need to slightly squeeze yourself or stretch the condom a bit as you're putting it on, it doesn't just roll on nicely. You may also have it break while using it if it's too tight. If you don't lik condoms because you "can't feel anything" with them on. It's a good indication they're too tight.

If it's loose, you may notice that it's not all against the skin, having some loose condom bunching up. You can also push on the edge of it from the bottom. Imagine a loose ring. It may not look like it's too big for your finger from above because gravity. But if you push it up then you see how much free space there is between the ring and the finger.

If it helps, this page explains it with some images too https://www.theyfit.co.uk/pages/comp...f-condom-sizes

ReputationRep:
    Too short is obvious that the condom isn't long enough to roll down to the base. If there's like half an inch uncovered, then it doesn't matter too much.

For tightness, think about clothes, like socks or jeans. If they're too tight, they'll dig into the skin, if they're too loose, they will be slipping down.

Same way with a condom, if it's too tight, you will notice the edge of it digging into you and it might be that you need to slightly squeeze yourself or stretch the condom a bit as you're putting it on, it doesn't just roll on nicely. You may also have it break while using it if it's too tight. If you don't lik condoms because you "can't feel anything" with them on. It's a good indication they're too tight.

If it's loose, you may notice that it's not all against the skin, having some loose condom bunching up. You can also push on the edge of it from the bottom. Imagine a loose ring. It may not look like it's too big for your finger from above because gravity. But if you push it up then you see how much free space there is between the ring and the finger.

If it helps, this page explains it with some images too https://www.theyfit.co.uk/pages/comp...f-condom-sizes
    hey, thanks so much! that really helps

ReputationRep:
    Any other opinions on this stuff?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.