Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever cut your own hair? Watch

Announcements
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    How did it turn out? Should you have went to the hairdresser's instead?

This afternoon I gave my side swept fringe a trim...
    Spoiler:
    Show

and I ruined my £45 haircut.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, years ago not a lot though.

i've taken off little bits that get in my face sometimes but nothing serious.
    my hair is too messy for the uneven bits to be noticed

ReputationRep:
    yeah but idk i was like 6 so icant remember how well it went. maybe dont cut ur hair when ur 4 years old or when u dont know what ur doing.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    No but I'm planning to in the near future. Cash for barber/Hairdresser adds up over the years. That ain't the biggest problem here though. They quite often don't give you the exact haircut you want, much better to learn to cut your own hair and do it exactly how you'd like it to be.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah and it turned out okay, but tbf I didn't cut off much anyway
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Does pubic hair count?

Spoiler:
    Show

No way I'm gonna let my hair dresser do that ! (Unless she looks like Megan Fox. )

ReputationRep:
    I did once, and then immediately took an oath never to do it again. I looked like the fiercest scarecrow in the world :afraid:
    Had to shave off the shizz completely and much to my classmates' delight, they found a shiny bald head to smack :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I did alot, tbh never went to the hairdresser. I just cut them from the tips every month or so. (although i have nearly-no hair rn)
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hamoody)
    I did once, and then immediately took an oath never to do it again. I looked like the fiercest scarecrow in the world :afraid:
    Had to shave off the shizz completely and much to my classmates' delight, they found a shiny bald head to smack :rofl:
    Hahaha oh I wish I could be like you - if I accidentally ruin my hair I'll just shave it all off, then it'll grow back again in a month or two. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honour)
    Hahaha oh I wish I could be like you - if I accidentally ruin my hair I'll just shave it all off, then it'll grow back again in a month or two. :rolleyes:
    It's the waiting that sucks really :sad: By the time it grows back, you pass through 10 different looks :rofl:
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    yes, i do it myself every couple of months. I just put it in a ponytail in the middle of my head and cut across, it's gone reasonably well most times. Going to the hairdressers for the first time in two years just before my wedding i think

ReputationRep:
    If I spot a split end I can't help but grab the nearest pair of scissors and cut it off...

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, just a little bit of my fringe. It ended up too blunt and a little too short but it was such as small amount that it didn't make a really big difference. When it grew out a little more, it looked fine, too.

ReputationRep:
    I cut my hair once a month to keep on top of split ends! I have bleached and dyed blue hair so keeping it healthy is super important, and I refuse to pay like £30 for only an inch off... waste of money. So I just trim the ends and layers with kitchen scissors and its been fine

ReputationRep:
    I always cut my own hair. I have not had my hair cut by someone else in 5-6 years

ReputationRep:
    Do it all the time and have probably saved hundreds of £'s. It's easy if you have straight hair

ReputationRep:
    Seeing how I'm neither insane nor a hermit - no, no I didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I have done it with clippers before, it wasn't hard.

ReputationRep:
    i cut my own hair, i use to do all sorta fades and roadman cuts...plenty of good youtube videos. Now i just shave it to the lowest size, easier to manage and no waiting for barber bossman to get free

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.