Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever cut your own hair? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My curls got out of control so I was like f**k it and I went down to about half an inch on my hair. My forehead never looked so huge. FYI, my hair is now 6 inches long.

ReputationRep:
    i've been cutting my own hair for just over a year now. it's fun getting different results each time and learning about cutting hair as i go. usually goes well enough.

ReputationRep:
    I always used to cut my own fringe when I had one, still give myself a trim when my split ends are getting bad cause I'm not prepared to pay £16 for someone else to do the exact same thing

ReputationRep:
    my dad a always does it but I used to do it a lot myself

ReputationRep:
    I have a funny story (if slightly tragic)

My dad had recently bought a hair razor (he's like 90% bald and wanted to remove the 10%) and it looked very tempting; my hair looks good (#modesty) when it is long or short but looks weird when it's medium, so I decided to 'lightly' cut off some hair on the sides and back to make it slightly shorter.

So at like 11pm on a Sunday with my parents asleep I go to the bathroom and give it a whirl. I put a guard with a high grade on it so literally only half a cm of hair falls off (which is all I needed) and I 'spring clean' for about 10 minutes.

Then I stop, thinking it looks good, and pack the razor up. I take off the guard and put it back where it was.

HOWEVER when turning my head I see the hair looks a bit rough on one side, so I quickly flick the razor back on and run it through the side.

*zlip*

I'D FORGOTTEN TO PUT THE GUARD ON

Absolute nightmare.

Long story short, I superglued hair into the gap (it wasn't a big gap thank goodness) and survived a week at school (remember it was a Sunday) without anyone noticing (I had to 'itch' the side of my head a lot if people were getting close).

I then had a proper hair cut on the weekend.

Now I never cut my hair anymore lol

ReputationRep:
    I shaved all my hair off once, does that count?

ReputationRep:
    My friend did and it turned out really nice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.