Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

5 teens post video to Facebook of them mocking a relative as he drowns Watch

ReputationRep:
    I can see why they elected Trump now smh

ReputationRep:
    They will get the worst karma of their life.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    It's very easy even for a pretty good swimmer to get pulled under by someone who is panicking, not to mention that there may have been alligators given it's Florida, we don't want 2 dead people. Should have called 911 but I don't hold anything against them for not jumping in and helping. Obviously the laughing etc is disgusting.

ReputationRep:
    He was a RELATIVE as well?

imagine that next family reunion...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    It's very easy even for a pretty good swimmer to get pulled under by someone who is panicking, not to mention that there may have been alligators given it's Florida, we don't want 2 dead people. Should have called 911 but I don't hold anything against them for not jumping in and helping. Obviously the laughing etc is disgusting.
    And you think those idiots thought of that?

Yes, the correct thing to do would be to call emergency services, and throw something to them to hold on to.

This isn't about them not jumping in to help, it is about literally laughing as a guy dies right in front of them, their relative, even, and not caring enough to even call 911.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Yes, the correct thing to do would be to call emergency services, and throw something to them to hold on to.

This isn't about them not jumping in to help, it is about literally laughing as a guy dies right in front of them, their relative, even, and not caring enough to even call 911.
    You said about Minnesota and Vermont which is why I mentioned it.

ReputationRep:
    Natural selection gone wrong at its finest

ReputationRep:
    Any decent person would have tried everything within their power to help, including trying to find a lifeline or something that floats to throw to them, etc.

I hope the karma police track these horrible excuses for humanity down and deal with them accordingly.

It's disturbing that some people on here appear to be supporting them. Pressing need for basic education in ethics.

ReputationRep:
    That's fairly sickening

ReputationRep:
    I get they could not risk their own lives to help/save him but there is a difference between not being able to save someone versus taunting someone while recording their deaths... And I heard he was suicidal so he was not in right mind set. He needed help, not people saying he deserved to die and brought it on himself when some people need to know the circumstances before they make judgment.

Also the teen's actions and language says a lot about their character. No one suggested they should have jumped in the water. They could have easily dial 911 or do just about anything except calling him stupid, and laughing at him while he was sinking...

ReputationRep:
    Have they been named and shamed?

Sometimes the mob can be more just than court system. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The RAR)
    Natural selection gone wrong at its finest
    What do you mean?

ReputationRep:
    The chortling hyenas are the ones that sound disabled to me!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.