Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Was I coming across as rude to her? Watch

Announcements

I was out the other night and a girl came up to me and started chatting. Now I'm really bad with strangers in general, so when it's an attractive girl, I'm the worst. She was showing signs of interest, but I was just so intimidated, because it's rare I get approached by any woman, let alone a good looking one. She was asking me all sorts of questions about my life, but I was asking very little about her, and not making a great deal of eye contact. When she finished her cigarette and said she was off back to her friends, I was very quick to say "alright, nice to see you!" and get out of there.

She was being really nice and friendly but I felt like I was just keeping my guard up. And of course I didn't ask for her number,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I was out the other night and a girl came up to me and started chatting. Now I'm really bad with strangers in general, so when it's an attractive girl, I'm the worst. She was showing signs of interest, but I was just so intimidated, because it's rare I get approached by any woman, let alone a good looking one. She was asking me all sorts of questions about my life, but I was asking very little about her, and not making a great deal of eye contact. When she finished her cigarette and said she was off back to her friends, I was very quick to say "alright, nice to see you!" and get out of there.

She was being really nice and friendly but I felt like I was just keeping my guard up. And of course I didn't ask for her number,
    Just chalk it up to experience. She probably thought you were aloof or that you didn't have great chat.

It's a learning process-you'll get better at it.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like you came across as uninterested, not rude.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

You just missed a glaring opportunity. well it could have been worse, at least you didn't punch her in the face.

ReputationRep:
    As I've said many times before, romance truly is the survival of the fittest.

Don't let it bring you down though - learn from the experience and move on. Firm handshake, smile, casual interest, playful flirting and a joke here and there.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    How are your GCSEs going so far?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.