Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a 20 year old guy who is gay but has a girlfriend - AMA Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a 20 year old guy who is gay but has a girlfriend. I would never want to have sex/a relationship with another guy. Go ahead and AMA.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a muslim/from a Muslim background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deroon)
    hi, i am a 20 year old guy who is gay...

i would never want to have sex/a relationship with another guy.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopy91)
    Are you a muslim/from a Muslim background?
    No I'm white British.

ReputationRep:
    No I'm white British.
    Why do you have a girlfriend? Don't you think she deserves someone who is genuinely attracted to her? Why do you not want to have a relationship with another man?
    Are you from a very staunch, religious background?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abu_Lahab)

:confused:
    Wanting to be with a guy and being attracted to guy are two different things.

ReputationRep:
    How can you be gay and not want to have sex with the same gender ..

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Attachments Pending Approval
  1. File Type: jpg Working out.jpg (12.5 KB)
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm really confused...

https://media.tenor.com/images/fb3f2...0d5b/tenor.gif

ReputationRep:
    Wanting to be with a guy and being attracted to guy are two different things.
    said he'd never want to have sex with another man, I mean if you're gay there must be at least 1% of your brain that wants to do it, right?

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am a 20 year old guy who is gay but has a girlfriend. I would never want to have sex/a relationship with another guy. Go ahead and AMA.
    If you feel no romantic or physical attraction to a man how are you even gay then?

ReputationRep:
    Good for you, my man. Very good.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    said he'd never want to have sex with another man, I mean if you're gay there must be at least 1% of your brain that wants to do it, right?
    He could be asexual.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loopy91)
    Why do you have a girlfriend? Don't you think she deserves someone who is genuinely attracted to her? Why do you not want to have a relationship with another man?
    Are you from a very staunch, religious background?
    I want to have a heterosexual life in which I hope to eventually marry a women and have children. I genuinely do love and care about my girl and enjoy being like any other heterosexual guy. There is more to a romantic/married relationship than sexual attraction - sex is only a small part of our day to day lives and I am sure that I treat her better than how some heterosexual guys would. Although I am not religious I do believe in some traditional values.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Is she your beard?

ReputationRep:
    I want to have a heterosexual life in which I hope to eventually marry a women and have children. I genuinely do love and care about my girl and enjoy being like any other heterosexual guy. There is more to a romantic/married relationship than sexual attraction - sex is only a small part of our day to day lives and I am sure that I treat her better than how some heterosexual guys would. Although I am not religious I do believe in some traditional values.
    Lol she deserves someone who is actually attracted to her.

ReputationRep:
    Glassapple

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fermion.)
    How can you be gay and not want to have sex with the same gender ..
    We can't decide sexual attraction but we can control whether we decide to have sex with whoever we want. Just like I can decide whether I want to go to the shops or play football for example.

Spoiler:
    Show

I would much rather play football than go shopping!

ReputationRep:
    Do you feel any romantic attraction to her?
    Also, to the other posters, I think he's saying that he's gay but doesn't want to act on it, rather than contradicting himself.

Well what about when the kids leave home? You'll be bored together and longing for some c*ck. She needs to be with someone that wants the full package when it comes toIrelationships. It's sad and selfish really that you have this attitude. I feel sorry you feel pressure to have kids and get married conventionally, but you don't always get what you want in life. I want to do the same, but like you I'm gay. But I'm not gonna compromise a woman with my selfish wishes though.

ReputationRep:
    Yes but I ignore that.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Pumpkin/pumpkin flavoured foods
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.