Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why are you on Tsr Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Reality Check)
    :lol: 'Badly educated' and 'left wing' should be hyphenated.

Bit of an own goal.
    oxymoronic :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    cus i hate myself and my life ofc

ReputationRep:
    I just happen to enjoy giving my 2 cents on issues that people need help with...

ReputationRep:
    :lol: 'Badly educated' and 'left wing' should be hyphenated.

Bit of an own goal.
    You'll never get into a Russell group university with that level of pedantry. The call centre awaits you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiskey&Freedom)
    You'll never get into a Russell group university with that level of pedantry. The call centre awaits you.
    lol, how very wrong you are.

(Original post by the bear)
    oxymoronic :teehee:
    But unsurprising, non?

ReputationRep:
    To help polite people in SH and to try to dispel some of the more ludicrous myths about GCSE/A Level examinations and university entrance (particularly Oxbridge).

And, of course, to remind people that it's not always butterflies and rainbows.

ReputationRep:
    And, of course, to remind people that it's not always butterflies and rainbows.
    more often centipedes and thunderstorms :emo:
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    :shock: Tell us more...
    I just really need those magic spells to have my husband returned to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    and for meeeeeeeeeee
    very true! not that you're going to make a move anytime soon

ReputationRep:
    for the beef

ReputationRep:
    WoodyMKC

He needs friends, pm him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    WoodyMKC

He needs friends, pm him.
    I'm not the one who's still got someone else on their mind because they've got nothing else going on, pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WoodyMKC)
    I'm not the one who's still got someone else on their mind because they've got nothing else going on, pal
    I've got nothing going on? The hypocrisy coming from a late 20 year old who browses TSR to make buddies. Cool. I'm not judging (well, maybe a tad.) Anyhow, I just feel sorry for you... I'm an empathetic guy

ReputationRep:
    I've got nothing going on? The hypocrisy coming from a late 20 year old who browses TSR to make buddies. Cool. I'm not judging (well, maybe a tad.) Anyhow, I just feel sorry for you... I'm an empathetic guy
    You seem to know a lot about me, quite creepy tbh. All I know about you is you have a habit of asking people for advice directly, then being a **** to them later on without being provoked.

If you must know things about me and you seem to know so much and yet so little, I'll tell you this - I have a fluctuating health condition that on some days leaves me so physically fatigued that I'm almost bed-bound. On these days I literally have nothing to do than to go on the internet, watch TV or play a game, or even get a bit of work done if I have any outstanding. I'm a social person and like interacting with people, so when I can't get out and about and interact with my friends and family, the internet is a secondary medium of social interaction. I have a good circle of close friends and family, but with the above taken into account it's not possible to see people every day for me. Does this mean that every time I'm using TSR, it's because I'm fatigued? No. I've grown to enjoy using the site when I'm at home relaxing anyway. However, that's my main reason, that I don't talk about much cause I don't like whinging about my problems.

ReputationRep:
    You seem to know a lot about me, quite creepy tbh. All I know about you is you have a habit of asking people for advice directly, then being a **** to them later on without being provoked.

If you must know things about me and you seem to know so much and yet so little, I'll tell you this - I have a fluctuating health condition that on some days leaves me so physically fatigued that I'm almost bed-bound. On these days I literally have nothing to do than to go on the internet, watch TV or play a game, or even get a bit of work done if I have any outstanding. I'm a social person and like interacting with people, so when I can't get out and about and interact with my friends and family, the internet is a secondary medium of social interaction. I have a good circle of close friends and family, but with the above taken into account it's not possible to see people every day for me. Does this mean that every time I'm using TSR, it's because I'm fatigued? No. I've grown to enjoy using the site when I'm at home relaxing anyway. However, that's my main reason, that I don't talk about much cause I don't like whinging about my problems.
    I recall being a bit rude to you once and you seem to have taken it to heart since. I'm rarely rude to people.

ReputationRep:
    To fill a lonely void in my life

Nah not that deep, I just hate myself
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Joined when i was about to do my standard grades (equiv. to gcses) circa 2011. Hung around the ScotQuals subforum and the year 11 thread a lot - made many a friend through those. Then started branching out when uni applications began for advice etc, started also giving advice out for applying to US unis and stuff. Also was heavily into uni reputation debates and what-not.

Got involved pretty heavily with the investment banking + consulting, law and general careers subforum by giving advice based on my research into said careers/conversations with professionals. put in app to become the moderator for the IB sub-forum and got it.

Nowadays I use it when i'm bored to give advice/participate in random debates/look over the ib&careers stuff.

the main reason was none of my friends at school had the same ambitions as the ones on here, collegeconfidential etc did. so not as many people to relate to.

ReputationRep:
    I recall being a bit rude to you once and you seem to have taken it to heart since. I'm rarely rude to people.
    Well, I don't follow all your posts of course but the one thing that made me think "this guy is a prick" is the fact that I took the time to answer a bunch of your questions in the past and then not long later you were hurling insults at me just because I said something you didn't agree with. I also saw you throwing personal insults at RobML once after he uploaded a photo of himself. Only takes a few instances for me to form a negative opinion on someone. So with that in mind, of course I'm not going to take it as a joke when you tagged me into the other thread in a negative connotation, which you said was a joke but it just seemed like back-pedalling to me, forgive me if I'm wrong.

ReputationRep:
    i applied in year 9 where i did small queries but as im starting GCSEs next year (well, I started GCSE science and RS this year) i guess TSR will be even more helpful for me so ill use it for GCSEs, A-Levels lets see...

ReputationRep:
    Well, I don't follow all your posts of course but the one thing that made me think "this guy is a prick" is the fact that I took the time to answer a bunch of your questions in the past and then not long later you were hurling insults at me just because I said something you didn't agree with. I also saw you throwing personal insults at RobML once after he uploaded a photo of himself. Only takes a few instances for me to form a negative opinion on someone. So with that in mind, of course I'm not going to take it as a joke when you tagged me into the other thread in a negative connotation, which you said was a joke but it just seemed like back-pedalling to me, forgive me if I'm wrong.
    You're entirely wrong. I've never hurled insults at you; RobMl initiated and I merely reciprocated. It wasn't even a negative post to be honest, you just took it that way.
    You can think I'm a prick all you want because at the end of the day I know I'm more compassionate and caring than you

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.