Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So I start Bournemouth Uni in September, and accomadation selection begins in 3 days. I need to pay a minimum £250 deposit and £80 booking fee when selecting a room.

Issue is, I don't get paid until August, and even then I won't have enough to spend on accomadation and other important expenses such as rent and bills.

If I don't pay the fee, then I'll lose my accomadation guarantee and may not have an option left.

What do I do?
    • Very Important Poster

(Original post by RJH17)
    So I start Bournemouth Uni in September, and accomadation selection begins in 3 days. I need to pay a minimum £250 deposit and £80 booking fee when selecting a room.

Issue is, I don't get paid until August, and even then I won't have enough to spend on accomadation and other important expenses such as rent and bills.

If I don't pay the fee, then I'll lose my accomadation guarantee and may not have an option left.

What do I do?
    There arent any magic solutions im afraid.

1. Get additional work. bar job, cleaner, fast food etc.
    2. Sell stuff.
    3. Borrow from friends and family. Birthday gifts etc.
    4. Bank o/d if you have an account and a good relationship with bank.
    5. Advance on wages.
    6. I doubt you can negotiate with accommodation because its known well in advance they expect a deposit.Unlikely they would wait till August but you might get them to accept a lesser amount.

ReputationRep:
    Halls are very expensive and you will grow tired of the experience very quickly.

Quite often you will find that people sell on their rooms via uni notice boards so that they can live in student houses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Should Spain allow Catalonia to declare independence?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.