Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How does the Uber first ride work? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey!

I signed up to Uber and I have a £15 off my first ride promotion. If I was to catch an Uber does it automatically use the promo? If my ride was say £10, what would happen?

Any other information I should know about Uber?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhfn)
    Hey!

I signed up to Uber and I have a £15 off my first ride promotion. If I was to catch an Uber does it automatically use the promo? If my ride was say £10, what would happen?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You must make sure that your code is activated, then once you take the ride it will use that code for your next journey no matter the cost. So if you spend £10, you will still use your £15 promo code.

You can see an estimate of the costs just before you order an Uber and they are pretty accurate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhfn)
    Hey!

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've literally been wondering the same thing. Too worried to call an uber and use my £15 ride in case it doesn't work and I end up paying stupid money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steljoy)
    You must make sure that your code is activated, then once you take the ride it will use that code for your next journey no matter the cost. So if you spend £10, you will still use your £15 promo code.

You can see an estimate of the costs just before you order an Uber and they are pretty accurate
    How do I activate it, I've already entered the code and it shows it in the 'Promotions' section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TomlHumphries)
    I've literally been wondering the same thing. Too worried to call an uber and use my £15 ride in case it doesn't work and I end up paying stupid money.
    I had the same problem when I got my 2 free promo codes from Barclays. Just make sure that you have activated it for your next journey and you should be fine
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhfn)
    How do I activate it, I've already entered the code and it shows it in the 'Promotions' section?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think that is it, it works after that

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.