Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently an International student seeking to study at Nottingham Trent University for the 2017/18 session, can someone please estimate expenses on accommodation and living expenses. Thank you

ReputationRep:
    One of the cheapest cities in the UK to be a student.

If you're self catered, £20 a week is probably a good estimate for food, although you could live on less if you tried.

Accommodation varies, but I'd imagine £120 per week or less for good quality student accommodation like Nottingham Two. Sharing a house with other students is considerably less, often below £90.

Transport is quite cheap, £1 for certain busses.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    One of the cheapest cities in the UK to be a student.

If you're self catered, £20 a week is probably a good estimate for food, although you could live on less if you tried.

Accommodation varies, but I'd imagine £120 per week or less for good quality student accommodation like Nottingham Two. Sharing a house with other students is considerably less, often below £90.

Transport is quite cheap, £1 for certain busses.
    I second the £20 figure. I added up the cost of a potential groceries that I am going to get when I move to uni this Sept and it came just under £20.
    Isn't Nottingham Two quite a distance from NTU though? I'm going to be staying there but only because I'm going to be based at UoN Jubilee Campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    I second the £20 figure. I added up the cost of a potential groceries that I am going to get when I move to uni this Sept and it came just under £20.
    Isn't Nottingham Two quite a distance from NTU though? I'm going to be staying there but only because I'm going to be based at UoN Jubilee Campus.
    I was also based at Jubilee and lived in Nottingham Two, it's a great location! But yes, there are a few people from Trent that live there because the bus ride is just over 5 minutes away from their campus.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    I was also based at Jubilee and lived in Nottingham Two, it's a great location! But yes, there are a few people from Trent that live there because the bus ride is just over 5 minutes away from their campus.
    Ah that's a short bus ride indeed!

ReputationRep:
    I've did an estimate around a month ago and food shopping came in at £20-25 depending on what I got. Because my accommodation is so close to my course I'll be avoiding eating out.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.