The Student Room Group

Former GCSE students.......

As you can see,i'm going to get my results soon and I am overwhelmed with a lot of stress.Former gcse students, tell me about your thoughts when you came out of the exam vs what you actually got.

Scroll to see replies

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't too stressed out. Exams went well.

Don't remember stressing out before or on results until the very second I opened my envelope...

Surprises?

I got an A in computing... put simply my teacher was bad.

A* in maths. I really wanted this but I was just doubting myself way too much. By far the most pleasing result.

Got a C in English language which I was disappointed with but I was expecting it.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by BTAnonymous
Posted from TSR Mobile

Wasn't too stressed out. Exams went well.

Don't remember stressing out before or on results until the very second I opened my envelope...

Surprises?

I got an A in computing... put simply my teacher was bad.

A* in maths. I really wanted this but I was just doubting myself way too much. By far the most pleasing result.

Got a C in English language which I was disappointed with but I was expecting it.
How many mistakes did you make in the maths exam.I'm also doubting myself in maths despite it being my strong subject.
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by arizonaidiot
How many mistakes did you make in the maths exam.I'm also doubting myself in maths despite it being my strong subject.

I got 179/200. Very surprised as this was the highest mark I had ever gotten, even when doing past papers in class. I was scraping A*s in class or getting high As so I was doubting myself a lot.
Reply 4
Coming out of most of my exams (and before doing them) I was quite confident mainly because I thought I had revised efficiently.My business studies, english literature and language I was quite nervous for before the exam because the teaching for them was terrible. I ended up getting A's in them all so that's good.
I got 179/200. Very surprised as this was the highest mark I had ever gotten, even when doing past papers in class. I was scraping A*s in class or getting high As so I was doubting myself a lot.

Thats nice and reassuring to hear.Were your other results also up to your expectations ?By the way, did you do edexcel igcse maths.
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6
In science, I thought I'd done really well in physics but came out of the chemistry exam 100% believing that I'd failed. Ended up with an A in chemistry and a B in physics :giggle:

Similarly with English lang + lit, I thought I flopped them both completely. Ended up with an A and A*.

I know it's really hard but please try not to worry too much! Even if you did have some exams which you think weren't great I promise you you've probably done a lot better than you think.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your summer! :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by mlktea
In science, I thought I'd done really well in physics but came out of the chemistry exam 100% believing that I'd failed. Ended up with an A in chemistry and B in physics :giggle:

Similarly with English lang + lit, I thought I flopped them both completely. Ended up with an A and A*.

I know it's really hard but please try not to worry too much! Even if you did have some exams which you think weren't great I promise you you've probably done a lot better than you think.

Good luck and enjoy the rest of your summer! :smile:

Thank you so much.:smile:
Well I did better in than expected in the exams I hated/thought went terribly
E.g Thought I had C's in Eng Lit and Lang but came out with 2 A's
Thought I failed Physics P2 (along with the rest of the country) but hit the A boundary on exam
Also did slightly worse in the exams I thought went well
E.g I thought I had an A in geography and had a B

Tbh you shouldnt worry, I'd spent most of my summer thinking about it and came to results day not wanting to open my envelope :smile: so enjoy your break, distract yourself when you feel yourself starting to think about it
Original post by HomeworkHater
Well I did better in than expected in the exams I hated/thought went terribly
E.g Thought I had C's in Eng Lit and Lang but came out with 2 A's
Thought I failed Physics P2 (along with the rest of the country) but hit the A boundary on exam
Also did slightly worse in the exams I thought went well
E.g I thought I had an A in geography and had a B

Tbh you shouldnt worry, I'd spent most of my summer thinking about it and came to results day not wanting to open my envelope :smile: so enjoy your break, distract yourself when you feel yourself starting to think about it

thanks man
I managed to predict my results perfectly. A*/A in everything apart from Spanish and Environmental Science. Wasn't worried at all.

Just enjoy your summer!
I am stressing over Business, I think I am going to get a B in it, same for Maths
Maths was just out of the blue, they were literally nothing like the mock papers or practice papers we did
(edited 6 years ago)
I just want to pass my Maths. Really worried about that. 😭
Original post by TheAlchemistress

I'm also worried about that.Hope we get what we want.
Was absolutely convinced that I'd failed english and maths - ended up with a B in both (never got above a low C in maths before).
Failed 2 subjects but got Ds and I was fully expecting Fs.
Biggest surprise - I'd never passed history before and was on a D for years, and came out with full marks in one exam and got an A overall.

Take this from someone who's been there - you'll do so much better than you think, don't underestimate yourself! Also, GCSEs aren't as important as you think right now, you'll realise that in a year, so please don't stress yourself out with grade boundaries or anything now. Good luck!
I'm also worried about that.Hope we get what we want.

Hopefully
Thats nice and reassuring to hear.Were your other results also up to your expectations ?By the way, did you do edexcel igcse maths.

My work I put in did reflect it. I think it was because I spread my maths revision throughout the whole of year 11.

And I did Edexcel GCSE Maths.
Original post by SummerAmber00
Was absolutely convinced that I'd failed english and maths - ended up with a B in both (never got above a low C in maths before).
Failed 2 subjects but got Ds and I was fully expecting Fs.
Biggest surprise - I'd never passed history before and was on a D for years, and came out with full marks in one exam and got an A overall.

Take this from someone who's been there - you'll do so much better than you think, don't underestimate yourself! Also, GCSEs aren't as important as you think right now, you'll realise that in a year, so please don't stress yourself out with grade boundaries or anything now. Good luck!

That gave me so much hope.God bless you man.
Original post by TheAlchemistress

Maybe you should go for some more waffles and ice cream tomorrow? That'll cheer you up lolol.
Maybe you should go for some more waffles and ice cream tomorrow? That'll cheer you up lolol.

Good one πŸ‘Œ
It was too sugary for me.

Quick Reply

Latest