Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, I'm 18 and due to personal reasons I had to drop out of A Levels a month before my exams were due. I just recently made the decision to go back into education this September and opted for the Access Course (Humanities) so I can go to uni next Sep. I was wondering, even though Im under 19 do I still have to pay for the course? The guy that interviewed me just casually mentioned that I shouldn't forget to apply for the advanced learner loan but I thought that you only had to pay if you were 19 or over.

I think if you're under a certain age and don't have a level 3 qualification already, you don't have to pay fees.

Can't remember the exact age but I did an access course (September 2016 start) at 20 years old and I didn't have to apply for the loan or pay anything.

I Completed an Access to higher education course for mechanical engineering this year at 18-19. I was told as long as I was 18 when I started the course I was fine. I would make sure the course provider is aware of this prior to the course starting. They don't normally offer access courses to people who are 18.
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.