The Student Room Group

Calling current Edinburgh/Glasgow Vet Students

Hi guys - I have got interviews coming up at Edinburgh and Glasgow and would greatly appreciate any tips on how best to deal with the interview process. Any advice on the interview format, the types of questions you lot got asked, how many staff sit in on the interview etc..

weyhey! i also have interviews for both now :biggrin: i agree, any help would be ace, thanks L x

when is your interview for glasgow?
Reply 2
Hey!

Congrats on getting an interview for Glasgow! One step on the pathway to the best vet school (IMO!)
I don't think I'll be much help with the interview tips as mine seems so long ago now.

From what I can remember my Glasgow interview was pretty casual and straight forward. There were about 4 people on the interview panel the day I went but I think it varies depending on who all is available, but I couldn't see there being much more than that. I think they asked me more about myself than anything veterinary related. I'd try and keep up to date with current issues in VetMed/Agriculture like Blue Tongue, Foot & Mouth, Bird Flu, Pet Obesity etc. Just general stuff, they won't expect you to know things inside out or in great detail, thats for when you get here... and heck even then I don't have a clue sometimes!
If they notice something interesting about you on your Personal statement, a hobby or sport etc. they'll probably pick up on that and want to talk about it. I really would try not to worry too much about it. I know everyone says just be yourself, but really it is true!
Oh and EMS is always a good talking point, try and have an interesting case that you've seen to talk about.

Thats about all I can remember!
Best of luck!
BIG thanks for the help hawk, glasgow is where i'd really like to go! just away to do some defra revision now :p: thanks again
also hawk.....did you get an interview for edinburgh too? is it true their interview is really formal? ta x
Reply 5
strawberry-lemonade
also hawk.....did you get an interview for edinburgh too? is it true their interview is really formal? ta x

I never applied to Edinburgh, only Glasgow, RVC, Bristol & Cambridge.
Back then I think some people did mention that they were quite formal but I really don't know anything about Edinburgh at all to comment. I'm sure some current Edinburgh students will help you there.
Reply 6
I'm really paranoid about interviewers judging me on accent, etc. I know I shouldn't be, but you hear horror stories about how so and so didn't get in because they were from the wrong part of Scotland/UK, etc...
Reply 7
thanks hawk thats some amazing advice...im feeling a lot more confident bout glasgow coz its like 895293478653 times easier to be informal:p:

i reckon i might run into strawberry lemonade at some point...where else did you apply?

:fuhrer: <---somebody tell me why thats on a vet forum:p:
yeah most likely bump into each other soon!! I just applied to edinburgh and glasgow as I couldnt afford the fees for down south... hopefully that'll be ok cos Im kinda limiting my chances! what about you?

ohhh and teavee, am sure thats not true about the accents...dont worry!

Latest

Trending

Trending